Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: minuteman Wayne 76 - New One for the Bible? - Mon Apr 13 2020 02:32 PM
I don't have Jacks latest version but nothing is mentioned about this pump in the earlier version so I suspect that is the case with the newest book.
Anyway, so far I only have 1/2 of the pump, which I acquired a couple years ago because I liked the original look and had the original ad glass yet.
I do remember seeing a couple other half's about 15 years ago and thought the base looked strange, but not into pumps much then so left them behind.
So I know there is others out there, just a matter of finding another half I guess.

Attached picture wayne76b.jpg
Attached picture wayne76a.jpg
Attached picture wayne76 (2).jpg
Posted By: minuteman Re: Wayne 76 - New One for the Bible? - Mon Apr 13 2020 02:33 PM
couple more pics

Attached picture wayne76c.jpg
Attached picture wayne 76 tag.jpg
Posted By: petropumps Re: Wayne 76 - New One for the Bible? - Mon Apr 13 2020 04:19 PM
Never seen one. Odd that the turnback crank is ok the inside...normally it’s switched to the other side on these double versions.
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Wayne 76 - New One for the Bible? - Mon Apr 13 2020 05:01 PM
Nice rare pump. Sure don't see much North Star ad glass either. How many variations on ad glass are out there? And I've not seen many pictures of NS using 70s either. It's mostly Bowsers in the electrics.
Posted By: minuteman Re: Wayne 76 - New One for the Bible? - Mon Apr 13 2020 05:02 PM
I thought that was odd also, but I guess there must be enough room when bolted together to access and turn the crank.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Wayne 76 - New One for the Bible? - Mon Apr 13 2020 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by petropumps
Never seen one. Odd that the turnback crank is ok the inside...normally it’s switched to the other side on these double versions.
It seems like they did it just to save money on redesign and manufacturing. Just put two Wayne 70’s on that base and position the cranks on the inside so the nozzles would be on the outside. I noticed the twin 60 (Wayne 65) they are on the inside as well.

Great pump Kim, that would be awesome to find the other half in the same colors and patina.

BTW, it’s not mentioned in the new book.
Posted By: cggas Re: Wayne 76 - New One for the Bible? - Wed Apr 15 2020 01:29 AM
Be nice just to find another base, the rest of a 70 should be the same?
Posted By: coopersplace Re: Wayne 76 - New One for the Bible? - Wed Apr 15 2020 09:45 PM
Fred, since you asked, here are my few original North Star ad glass plates. Definitely more rare than the globes. The pair of block lettered ENERGY ad glass fitted my 36B so that decided the pump brand. I am sure Kim will not mind us co-opting his thread. Cheers, Don.

Attached picture IMG_9093.JPG
Attached picture IMG_9095.JPG
Attached picture IMG_9097.JPG
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Wayne 76 - New One for the Bible? - Fri Apr 17 2020 01:17 AM
Awesome pump!!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Wayne 76 - New One for the Bible? - Fri Apr 17 2020 02:54 PM
What a cool pump! I have never seen one either. My suggestion is to remove that base and send it out for a recast. Then you can complete the pump.

Thanks for sharing,
Rob
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Wayne 76 - New One for the Bible? - Sat Apr 18 2020 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by Gas Pump Rob
What a cool pump! I have never seen one either. My suggestion is to remove that base and send it out for a recast. Then you can complete the pump.

Thanks for sharing,
Rob
Great idea Rob.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk