Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob A short pump adventure video - Wed Mar 20 2019 01:28 PM
I was asked by a friend In Ohio if I could help him out by picking up an A38 pump that he found on EBay. I told him I would go pick it up and decided to make an adventure out of this . I hope you enjoy this short video . I was blessed with finding and buying Bennett 150 with the guts still intact!

Thanks for watching my video,
Rob

[img]https://youtu.be/ufiFEG1l8bg[/img]
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: A short pump adventure video - Wed Mar 20 2019 02:29 PM
Cool!
Posted By: bennett_646 Re: A short pump adventure video - Wed Mar 20 2019 02:36 PM
Great find with the clock face.
Posted By: Done4 Re: A short pump adventure video - Wed Mar 20 2019 03:12 PM
Thanks, enjoyed that. Even when it rains out there it looks nice, around here not so much.
Posted By: Smoketree Re: A short pump adventure video - Wed Mar 20 2019 05:09 PM
Very entertaining. Thanks for posting the video.
Posted By: cggas Re: A short pump adventure video - Wed Mar 20 2019 05:23 PM

Cool video! When that pump came up 4sale, the pics showed pics & looked like pieces of the broken lens on the ground?
Posted By: Speedracer Re: A short pump adventure video - Wed Mar 20 2019 07:31 PM
Cool video Rob, and nice pumps. I assume Signal plates were repop??
Posted By: texacokie Re: A short pump adventure video - Thu Mar 21 2019 12:22 AM
You should have snagged the Texaco pole.
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: A short pump adventure video - Thu Mar 21 2019 12:28 AM
Thanks for all the compliments.

Chris, You are right when I arrived part of one lens was laying on the ground next to the pump.

Steve, The pump plates are reproduction unfortunately.

Ron, The owner of that Texaco pole is saving it for me. I did not have the trailer with me that day.
Posted By: tbuckles Re: A short pump adventure video - Thu Mar 21 2019 03:11 PM
Love your video's Rob, that was an adventure.
Thanks for sharing the fun.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: A short pump adventure video - Thu Mar 21 2019 04:19 PM
The video kind of got me thinking about "celebrity" gas pumps, if there is such a category, lol. (I've collected early movie memorabilia from the 1930's and 40's for over 30 years.) Seeing the pump was on Gale Gordon's ranch was interesting and got me wondering if there are any others in California collections that came off of a celebrity's property. My friend Bob went to Gettysburg last weekend and sent me a couple pics from President Eisenhower's farm. Not meaning to "hijack" Rob's post, but thought I would share the pics he texted me.
Could you imagine the value that would be attached to a pump owned by Steve McQueen?!
Darin

Attached picture Eis Pumps (2).jpg
Attached picture Eis Eco.jpg
Attached picture Eis Pumps (1).jpg
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: A short pump adventure video - Fri Mar 22 2019 05:08 AM
Hey Darin,
Thanks for posting the pictures! Interesting you brought up Steve McQueen. The Steve McQueen ranch is only 15 miles from my place. Dick Bennett bought several of his visible pumps when he passed away. I bought the pump he had at his airport hanger in the Santa Paula airport. No documentation though , so no extra value.

Rob
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: A short pump adventure video - Fri Mar 22 2019 02:19 PM
That's interesting Rob....I would still write down the history of the pump you have.
While you may not have any documentation from the initial purchase, yours is still valuable to keep with it IMO.
Darin
Posted By: racecop Re: A short pump adventure video - Sat Mar 23 2019 03:26 AM
Great pumps and video Rob!
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: A short pump adventure video - Mon Mar 25 2019 02:29 AM
Great Rob!!!
Posted By: SuccessSignsllc Re: A short pump adventure video - Mon Mar 25 2019 03:26 AM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: A short pump adventure video - Wed Mar 27 2019 01:11 AM
Thanks for the compliments!

I hope to post more videos in the future including informational pump videos, swapmeet videos, pump hunting videos, and a full length movie titled Pump Junkies. So far the positive feedback has been great which motivates me to continue. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you can. It is free and whenever I release something new you will be sent a message so you can view it first hand .

Thanks for your support,
Rob
Posted By: kjsplichal67 Re: A short pump adventure video - Wed Mar 27 2019 04:06 PM
Awesome Rob, keep making more videos! I love them!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: A short pump adventure video - Thu Mar 28 2019 03:48 AM
This is all volunteer,
Tonight alone I spent crazy money on camera equipment.
This is my “let’s help the hobby donation”

Thanks for your support,
Rob
Posted By: Some_call_me_Steve Re: A short pump adventure video - Sun Apr 21 2019 12:57 PM
Interesting video. Thanks for sharing.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk