Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Steven C. Interesting Old Texaco pic. Model T - Sun Apr 17 2016 10:34 AM
So who do you suppose the Model T Driver is? Corporate rep paying a visit?

Love the pump plates too!! Anyone ever see one?
Or decal? Did they have decals back then?

Also, note the pumps say, 'Chief ?' on them. I thought it interesting that they were using not Fire-Chief or SkyChief this far back of course, but yet Chief something.

Attached picture texaco model t (2).jpg
Attached picture texaco model t (3).jpg
Posted By: Savinsam Re: Interesting Old Texaco pic. Model T - Sun Apr 17 2016 11:17 AM
"Chief Sentry" was the name of the model of Bowser pump. Had nothing to do with the brand of gasoline.
Posted By: blacktee Re: Interesting Old Texaco pic. Model T - Sun Apr 17 2016 01:52 PM

Photo was taken probably in the very late teens,very early 1920's. I also believe those were decals on the truck and pump.
Posted By: pickurt Re: Interesting Old Texaco pic. Model T - Mon Apr 18 2016 12:59 PM
Very interesting Steve. Great pic's.

Posted By: KentuckyT Re: Interesting Old Texaco pic. Model T - Mon Apr 18 2016 03:36 PM
The absence of lanterns on the Model T suggest it was electric. The first year a starter was an option was 1921.
Posted By: Bass Master Re: Interesting Old Texaco pic. Model T - Mon Apr 18 2016 07:23 PM
You can see he has his tire chains on to with the snow on the ground, smile
Posted By: blacktee Re: Interesting Old Texaco pic. Model T - Mon Apr 18 2016 11:02 PM

What's the do hickey on the ground next to the pump ? I should of said decal/sticker I do not know what was used. Not a sign though are my thoughts... Your curved 8" and 15" PPP came in around the mid 20s....
Posted By: GILMORE Re: Interesting Old Texaco pic. Model T - Mon Apr 18 2016 11:29 PM
Air compressor...

Attached picture comp.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk