Oldgas.com Home

Happy Memorial Day! Sorry it's late....family BBQ last night and too many shots of Tequila had me out early and not at home. Good Times except the hangover! LOL!! laugh

Thinking after 11 years of hosting this thread continuously, that I should retire and let someone else take charge and be the man at the helm.

Any Takers? PM me.

Thanks everybody...esp DON who reminded me.
couple items: 1 petro 1 non ... cool

Attached picture IMG_1533[1].JPG
Very nice Randy!!! Here's a few for me....A couple more air meters. I had a discussion with an oldgasser who was out visiting that I didn't think, I needed as many air meters as I had and confided in him that I was going to get rid of some...I guess I'm not ready yet...

Attached picture rsz_1eco97_red&wht-1a.jpg
Attached picture rsz_eco244awt-1a.jpg
Attached picture rsz_bowes_seal_fast_plas_cabinet_10x7-1a.jpg
Attached picture rsz_bf_goodrich_flexible_rad_hose_rack_sign-1a.jpg
B/A salesman oil & grease sample kit...

Attached picture rsz_ba_salesman_oil_&_grease_sample_kit-1a.jpg
Attached picture rsz_ba_salesman_oil_&_grease_sample_kit-1b.jpg
Attached picture rsz_ba_salesman_oil_&_grease_sample_kit-1c.jpg
Attached picture rsz_ba_1953_lubrication_guide-1.jpg
Great local find from the original owner's grandson. Beauty on both sides..nice Monday morning suprise. Happy Memorial day!

Attached picture globe.jpg
Atlas tire inserts are nos and were originally shipped to Kelowna, BC. The B/A award plaque is in the original box and was never displayed, made by Birks.

Attached picture rsz_atlas_guaranteed_by_imperial_tire_insert_26x175_sst-1b.jpg
Attached picture rsz_atlas_guaranteed_by_imperial_tire_insert_26x175_sst-1c.jpg
Attached picture rsz_ba_5_year_wall_plaque_1955-1a.jpg
Attached picture rsz_ba_1965_lubrication_guide-1.jpg

Attached picture rsz_1rsz_1duckhams_motor_oil_curb_sign_&_frame_dst-1a.jpg
Attached picture rsz_chevron_ssp__misc_65x15_gasoline_tags-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_goodyear_belt_&_hose_rack-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_home_credit_card_signing_board-1a.jpg

Attached picture rsz_ba_1967_tba_catalog-1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_misc_oil_cans-60.jpg
Sweet B/A stuff especially the Birks made award. What's is/are Duckhams, Dave?
Eric that is one sharp looking Globe-I am not a Gulf collector but that looks pretty uncommon/rare.
Posted By: jwood7 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Mon May 25 2015 02:35 PM
Here was my purchases from the past couple of swap meets.

Attached picture galena.jpg
Attached picture galena base.jpg
Attached picture motorola2.jpg
Attached picture raybestos.jpg
Fred, I have a Canadian metal 1 liter oil can of Duckhams. From reading the side of the can, it looks like it is an oil manufactured in Canada for an English company. Maybe for export???

Attached picture rsz_1003.jpg
Attached picture rsz_002.jpg
Picked up this Tokheim 850 that didn't have lower skins and was missing a face bezel. Fortunately I purchased a set of skins a year ago 'just in case' and they fit great. Notchad also had an extra face bezel and glass so I could finish out the other side nicely. Nice solid pump everywhere.

I am contemplating selling this, but not sure cause it is sweet.

Attached picture 20150524_165402.jpg
Got this a couple of weeks ago but just finally finished cleaning it on Sunday. Cool to have the trio.

Picked up this Wayne 40A out of California and it came without any lower skins. Notchad just happened to have one in red that fits this pump great. Many thanks buddy for the door.

Attached picture 20150525_104917.jpg
Thanks to oldgas member MDQG / John Mihovetz I was able to acquire this rare Defiance Tire flange sign..was used from 1917-1923...

Got this white flash globe topper sign with original brackets for an Atlantic fried egg 16.5" globe. Put it on my White Flash globe for now until I get the other globe.

Attached picture 20150520_151731.jpg
Been picking up some great items lately. Got these signs along with a couple of the chevron island ones that were still in the box.

Attached picture image.jpg
Also finally got one of these to go with my rebel grouping. An ORIGINAL Dixie Oil Company of ALA, inc globe (sort of a sister company of Rebel). 😉

Was happy to add another 2 Richfield/Richlube small tin signs to my collection (2 on the top). I've been looking for these 2 for a while. Does anyone know of other versions that were used by Richfield around this time?

Got these... i like these window decals.

A few nice quarts, a Flying A that I needed and my third Bowser Junior Gasoline Outfit, I think one of these was my first gas pump many moons ago. They're just kind of neat.

Been a long time coming to share this past botw! Thanks so much to Bob Rafferty for putting these up for sale and giving another collector a chance to enjoy them. For the many years i treasure these, i will think of Bob, Kevin Frith and Scott Bocheck, because these lenses not only tell a story of the far past, but also one recently that will remind me of the crew levick chimney globe and how we all came together as collectors for a moment in time!

Attached picture Valv2.jpg
Attached picture Valv1.jpg
They look great up there Kevin! That's fantastic how you were able to light them up!
Thanks Kevin! I feel like I have two new globes in my collection! Bob did a great job on the cases.
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THEWEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Mon May 25 2015 11:40 PM
Originally Posted By: SKomatinsky
Got this white flash globe topper sign with original brackets for an Atlantic fried egg 16.5" globe. Put it on my White Flash globe for now until I get the other globe.

Love it.
couple things

Attached picture malta 1.jpg
Attached picture malta 2.jpg
Attached picture malta 3.jpg
Attached picture malta 4.jpg
more

Attached picture malta 5.jpg
Attached picture malta 6.jpg
Attached picture malta 7.jpg
Posted By: pipes Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Tue May 26 2015 01:48 AM
not very exciting to most but i found this local peice today in the scrap pile at a local farm. Its an early bulk kerosene or oil dispenser drum from the Barkhausen Oil company , Laurium Michigan (about 10 miles from here). its been outside forever and you can still make out the lettering, barely. I have only read and seen advertisments in old papers, directories, archives etc about the barkhausen oil company, but now i have a piece of it !
Great stuff everyone!
Posted By: Aaron S. Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Tue May 26 2015 03:17 AM
Picked up some of these great looking cans.

Posted By: VWMIKE Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Tue May 26 2015 03:39 AM
Had my best haul yet for home cans at the local swap this weekend. Pays to get in early.....

Posted By: 60wayne Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Tue May 26 2015 11:09 AM
few things

Attached picture IMG_1443.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1458.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1459.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1461.JPG
Great finds!
Great sign Neil!!!! sure would look good in my garage!! lol

Alan
Posted By: The Rip Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Tue May 26 2015 02:42 PM
Found this wiper display on Saturday, after a lot of scrubbing it turned out really nice.

Attached picture DSC_2531.JPG
Attached picture DSC_2529.JPG
Attached picture DSC_2528.JPG
Attached picture DSC_2525.JPG
Originally Posted By: TheGriffin
Also finally got one of these to go with my rebel grouping. An ORIGINAL Dixie Oil Company of ALA, inc globe (sort of a sister company of Rebel)

???

...I'd always heard the Dixie globes were all repros?
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
Also finally got one of these to go with my rebel grouping. An ORIGINAL Dixie Oil Company of ALA, inc globe (sort of a sister company of Rebel)

???

...I'd always heard the Dixie globes were all repros?

I've always heard the Dixie globe that used the same graphics as the Rebel globes were all fantasy globes as they never existed as originals. It's my understanding that the fantasy Dixie globe were first produced in 1973.
Posted By: grabber Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Tue May 26 2015 05:29 PM
What they said on Dixie Globes...I would love to learn something though if there was a real one...
Its been a long held assumption that they were fantasy. I guess because there has never really been a champion to promote/defend the company. Heck, they still had gas stations up to about a year ago (down to 1 now and trying to get out of that lease). They started in 1959 selling Rebel branded gas before switching to their own Dixie Gas branded stations a few years later. Never had porcelain signs or anything, just the globes and plastic six footers (similar to the Rebel plastic's).

The original globes are only slightly different from the repops. From what I've seen there are also three different batches that Dixie ordered over the years. The first batch (globe pictured) was ordered by Rebel for Dixie from Cincinnati Advertising and matches the Rebel lens to a T. The second batch is only different by one flag tip. The third has a slightly different shade of blue and tan and may have been ordered from another glass company (Im guessing). The Repops have a different flag. To be honest, I've enjoyed getting original globes for repop prices but figured its time to let yall know.;)
went west on pickin trip also and landed a few goodies.

Attached picture bcpic2.jpg
Attached picture wr set.jpg
Its been a long held assumption that they were fantasy. I guess because there has never really been a champion to promote/defend the company. Heck, they still had gas stations up to about a year ago (down to 1 now and trying to get out of that lease). They started in 1959 selling Rebel branded gas before switching to their own Dixie Gas branded stations a few years later. Never had porcelain signs or anything, just the globes and plastic six footers (similar to the Rebel plastic's).

The original globes are only slightly different from the repops. From what I've seen there are also three different batches that Dixie ordered over the years. The first batch (globe pictured) was ordered by Rebel for Dixie from Cincinnati Advertising and matches the Rebel lens to a T. The second batch is only different by one flag tip. The third has a slightly different shade of blue and tan and may have been ordered from another glass company (Im guessing). The Repops have a different flag. To be honest, I've enjoyed getting original globes for repop prices but figured its time to let yall know.;)

Very interesting!
Posted By: Mike M. Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Wed May 27 2015 02:59 AM
nice stuff everyone.

Rob, I now know why I can't find more of the Richfield signs, LOL.....nice assortment!
Posted By: Xman4444 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Wed May 27 2015 03:00 AM
Weekend haul from the Coastal Swap meet in Abbotsford, BC.

Posted By: Xman4444 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Wed May 27 2015 03:02 AM
Nice work on all the Home cans Mike.
Posted By: Nucky Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Wed May 27 2015 09:03 AM
found those at a car show this weekend

mobiloil, Nervic, Castrol french 1930's oil can & Doll german 1930 electric train

elektrion motor oil 1946 tin sign & prize penn quart can

french tin toy ML martinan larnaude cabriolet red and cream

Posted By: 60wayne Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Thu May 28 2015 11:37 AM
few things

Attached picture IMG_1480.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1481.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1491.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1499.JPG
Posted By: ROCCO2 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Thu May 28 2015 02:25 PM
rob,
i have this version of a Richlube tin sign for a oil rack dated 1937

Attached picture richlube 1937 tin sign 005.JPG
Attached picture richlube 1937 tin sign 001.JPG
Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas

Attached picture 007.JPG
Posted By: 60wayne Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 18th - 24th, 2015 - Sat May 30 2015 11:28 PM
found today

Attached picture IMG_1556.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1558.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1559.JPG
Picked up the Conoco ATF can on the left.
I'm really enjoying these Conoco cans. I need more of the old two tone green ones.

Attached picture IMG_20150530_214441_112 (2).jpg
Thanks for the pic Rocco. I have seen that one before. Size is a little bigger I think but a cool old sign. If anyone has one for sale , please let me know!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk