Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Speedracer MOBILOIL GARGOYLE OIL CABINET w/ 3 original signs - Sun Apr 12 2020 04:40 AM
My buddy (Chevelle71) and I picked up this cabinet recently. Neither one of us plan on keeping it, so we are offering it for sale here first.

This is an extremely nice original Mobiloil Gargoyle cabinet (except globe). It has a great top (one small dent in corner and one on top - both fixable). The cabinet was re-wired with conduit at one point in its life and lights up. It looks great lit up.

It had a few dents near the top that were straightened out and shows general signs of age, but this cabinet is extremely solid for its age. There is no rot, no rust through and only a very minor amount of surface rust. I found it on a cement slab, under a lean-to, out of the elements. The guy I bought it from found it on a farm years ago.

Cabinet includes:
(2) Original "Ask Here For" Mobil cabinet signs (Note these are the harder to find "Ask 'HERE' for" signs, not the common "Ask for" signs. These signs are in superb condition.
(1) Original Mobil Cabinet chart sign (shows signs of age)
(4) Has all four original shelves
(1) Repop globe

Prefer pick up (near Chesterfield, MI), however we can deliver to Michigan Gas, Columbus, or Utica Gas (MI) as long as they aren't cancelled.

$3500

Attached picture IMG_4941 (2).JPG
Attached picture IMG_4940 (2).JPG
Attached picture IMG_4942 (2).JPG
Attached picture IMG_4946 (2).JPG
more pics...

Attached picture IMG_4943 (2).JPG
Attached picture IMG_4944 (2).JPG
Attached picture IMG_4949 (2).JPG
more pics...

Attached picture IMG_4948 (2).JPG
Attached picture IMG_4947 (2).JPG
more pics...

Attached picture IMG_4761 (3).JPG
Attached picture IMG_4762 (4).JPG
Attached picture IMG_4763 (1).JPG
Attached picture IMG_4764 (2).JPG
BTT. OPEN TO OFFERS. VERY NICE CABINET.
Sending you a PM---
the common sign is the "ask for" - the "Ask HERE for" version is one I've never seen
I've dug up a couple images of this sign as it matches the one on the cabinet -
the back & grommets look right for this era sign .. ... cool

Attached picture 1garcab2.PNG
Attached picture 1garcab.PNG
Thanks for posting that Randy. They are the rare, hard-to-find version of that sign.
-Steve
BTT. Can get it to Dixie
2500 at Dixie
Sorry. Can’t go that low. Those are the very-hard-to-find versions of that cabinet sign that read “Ask HERE for...” and they are in great shape, as is the cabinet.
Posted By: SFJOHN Re: MOBILOIL GARGOYLE OIL CABINET w/ 3 original signs - Mon May 31 2021 02:36 AM
[quote=Speedracer]My buddy (Chevelle71) and I picked up this cabinet recently. Neither one of us plan on keeping it, so we are offering it for sale here first.

This is an extremely nice original Mobiloil Gargoyle cabinet (except globe). It has a great top (one small dent in corner and one on top - both fixable). The cabinet was re-wired with conduit at one point in its life and lights up. It looks great lit up.

It had a few dents near the top that were straightened out and shows general signs of age, but this cabinet is extremely solid for its age. There is no rot, no rust through and only a very minor amount of surface rust. I found it on a cement slab, under a lean-to, out of the elements. The guy I bought it from found it on a farm years ago.

Cabinet includes:
(2) Original "Ask [i]Here[/i] For" Mobil cabinet signs (Note these are the harder to find "Ask [i]'HERE'[/i] for" signs, not the common "Ask for" signs. These signs are in superb condition.
(1) Repop globe

Prefer pick up (near Chesterfield, MI), however we can deliver to Michigan Gas, Columbus, or Utica Gas (MI) as long as they aren't cancelled.

$3500[/quote]
[quote=Speedracer]My buddy (Chevelle71) and I picked up this cabinet recently. Neither one of us plan on keeping it, so we are offering it for sale here first.

Cabinet includes:
(2) Original "Ask [i]Here[/i] For" Mobil cabinet signs (Note these are the harder to find "Ask [i]'HERE'[/i] for" signs, not the common "Ask for" signs. These signs are in superb condition.
(1) Repop globe

$3500[/quote]
Posted By: SFJOHN Re: MOBILOIL GARGOYLE OIL CABINET w/ 3 original signs - Mon May 31 2021 02:39 AM
Can you please give me a call. I’m very interested in this item. Thank you for your consideration. My number is (415) 332747
Posted By: SFJOHN Re: MOBILOIL GARGOYLE OIL CABINET w/ 3 original signs - Mon May 31 2021 02:40 AM
415 333-2747
Sorry, this item SOLD. It will be delivered to fall Dixie. If something falls through, I will let you know.
Posted By: SFJOHN Re: MOBILOIL GARGOYLE OIL CABINET w/ 3 original signs - Thu Jun 03 2021 11:01 PM
Thanks anyway. If it doesn’t work out PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL. At
Great piece for whoever got it!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk