Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: hvychev RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Wed Jul 24 2013 11:37 PM
Up for your consideration is this VERY cool Drink Kool Aid, First in Flavor sign! I got this sign from a man that pulled several of them off of a barn in Northern Wisconsin in the early 1970s. (I even have a vintage picture of the barn with some of the signs on it!). The sign is large measuring about 32" X 59". It's not in the best condition, there is some rust, bends, etc., but I have not seen another quite like it. Would make an awesome barn hanger! Priced to sell at $350.00. Here's one issue though. I REALLY do NOT want to ship this sign as it is big and would be expensive to ship and a pain in the add to pack. I would rather sell it to someone in the Chicago area where we can do a local pick up. Any interest please call Frank at 708-257-8539

Posted By: hvychev Re: RARE 1940s Drink Cool Aid Metal Sign - Thu Jul 25 2013 12:18 AM
I might consider shipping. Interested party would have to call me to discuss.
Posted By: hvychev Re: RARE 1940s Drink Cool Aid Metal Sign - Thu Jul 25 2013 01:57 PM
How about $250 plus actual cost shipping?
Posted By: 57SKYLINER Re: RARE 1940s Drink Cool Aid Metal Sign - Thu Jul 25 2013 06:25 PM
how bout a pic of the signs
on the barn
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Thu Jul 25 2013 07:08 PM
Originally Posted By: hvychev
I have not seen another quite like it. Would make an awesome barn hanger! Priced to sell at $350.00. Here's one issue though. I REALLY do NOT want to ship this sign as it is big and would be expensive to ship and a pain in the add to pack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940s-Drink-Kool...h-/141023347582

....?
Posted By: hvychev Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Thu Jul 25 2013 09:00 PM
? what?
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Thu Jul 25 2013 09:06 PM
Mark, it's not the same sign.... Looks to be the same location tho...?
Posted By: hvychev Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Thu Jul 25 2013 09:16 PM
Guys, here is the way I sell stuff. When I get a cool item that relates to the interest on this site I list it here FIRST. I have found the members of this site to be very cool and willing to buy a good piece of merchandise when presented with it. As a result members have bought a lot of GOOD stuff from me at VERY reasonable prices. I'm not looking to gouge anyone or sell junk. I package my stuff well and ship it out immediately upon receiving payment. So far everyone's been happy.

With that said, I listed the sign on this site FIRST, almost 18 hours before I listed the other on e-bay. (yes the sign on e-bay is a DIFFERENT sign). After I reduced the price here to $250 I also listed the one that I posted HERE on craigslist and I have a guy coming over in an hour and a half to buy it. I have not posted the result yet because it's not gone yet. The sign I posted on e-bay is a DIFFERENT sign and one that I was going to keep for myself, as it is in slightly better condition. In the past few hours it's been listed I have had 100 looks and 20 watchers. It's different so, we'll see what happens. I would rather sell an item off of e-bay. I would let the better sign I have listed on ebay go to anyone here for $200.00 + shipping if there is any interest. When I initially posted the sign at $350.00 I figured there would be more interest since I have never seen one. the condition and size must have limited the buyers. I hope that answers any questions.
Posted By: hvychev Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Thu Jul 25 2013 09:26 PM
I will also add that 75% of the stuff I list here sells almost immediately. That means two things to me. They are cool pieces and most importantly are priced fairly.
Posted By: JOSBORN Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Thu Jul 25 2013 11:06 PM
Cool sign!
I picked one up couple months ago from the same guy.
Also a smaller vertical w/botltle that says 5 cents.
Posted By: Carl Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Thu Jul 25 2013 11:29 PM
Is the sign still available that you put on ebay?
Posted By: hvychev Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Thu Jul 25 2013 11:47 PM
The sign that is in this ad has been sold picked up and paid for via Craigslist.

Carl, I ended the e-bay auction on the other because I just got a shipping quote for someone from e-bay that was interested and to ship from Chicago to Ohio was $120.00. I thought that was way to expensive to mess with on e-bay. They also would fee the hell out of me. I would be paying a $12 frickin e-bay fee plus pay pal fees to just ship the damn thing. That's not even counting fee bay's "final value" fee. Not worth it to e-bay. I do still have the sign in the e-bay ad for sale though.
Posted By: hvychev Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Thu Jul 25 2013 11:50 PM
$200.00 plus actual cost shipping to buyer.

Posted By: Carl Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Thu Jul 25 2013 11:59 PM
Ouch! Wish I lived close enough to arrange a pick up as this sign is ON the "hard to find" list.
Posted By: hvychev Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Fri Jul 26 2013 12:24 AM
Someone local buy this thing, it's cool! Would be a great "barn hanger." Call me at 708-257-8539 with interest.
Posted By: oldpumper Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Fri Jul 26 2013 01:12 AM
I have to say that Frank (hvychev) is a stand up guy,went to his house and he sold me a beautiful Coke sign at a very fair price. And I am always interested in more, Frank send me a pm on what you have. Ron
Posted By: hvychev Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Fri Jul 26 2013 01:15 AM
Thanks Ron! Hey, it's good to hear from you! By the way, I have lost just under 200 pounds now!
Posted By: oldpumper Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Fri Jul 26 2013 01:19 AM
Good for you,stay with it. That is really good news
Posted By: hvychev Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Fri Jul 26 2013 01:27 AM
Thanks!
Posted By: hvychev Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Fri Jul 26 2013 01:36 AM
Someone asked me to post a pic of the signs. The guy I bought them from gave me this pic he found in the building in the early 1970s. This side of the building had different ones then the ones that I got. JOSBORN, was this the style you got?

Posted By: JOSBORN Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Fri Jul 26 2013 09:03 AM
Yeah Frank,
I got one like yours and a smaller vertical one about 16"x 24" that has the bottle and for sale for 5 cents. I have seen the larger one before but not the smaller one.
They are cool signs though. As Carl says the are probably kinda rare.

Also seen that pic of the old building when I picked them up. Cool!
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Fri Jul 26 2013 12:10 PM
...I only posted the link, as you had said you hadn't 'seen another quite like it', and didn't want to ship it...but you had another one on eBay, and the listing indicated that you were willing to ship it...that's why the ?...thanks for clearing that up...
Posted By: cormy Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Sat Jul 27 2013 02:14 PM
I for one appreciate the chance to buy stuff before it hits Ebay. Thanks for letting us get a chance. I think everybody make out better by doing business here! No fee's!!!
Posted By: Carl Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Sat Jul 27 2013 08:01 PM
I agree with Cormy.
Posted By: hvychev Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Sun Jul 28 2013 02:50 AM
Thanks guys, I would rather sell stuff here. Like you both said, everyone benefits.

And with that said, I just wanted to say that the second sign that I posted here, the one that was on e-bay, has been sold to a friend of mine. There was ALSO a secret third sign, one that was NOT posted anywhere for sale (and the best one of them all) and that was sold, paid for, and picked up this afternoon by a nice member of Old Gas who called to enquire about the second sign. He also got the original picture of the signs on the building to add to the provenance of the sign. Another satisfied customer! This concludes the saga of the Kool Aid signs for me!!

Thanks again Old Gas for a great place to look, learn, and sell a few cool old items. Best, Frank
Posted By: JOSBORN Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Thu Aug 08 2013 09:33 AM
Here's a pic of the other sign I picked up.

Attached picture phpx2N2cgAM.jpg
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: RARE 1940s Drink Kool Aid Metal Sign - Fri Aug 09 2013 03:22 AM
WOW and Holy crep, congrats on the loss of the equivalent of 2 petit women off your body!!! That is a amazing accomplishment!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk