Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: jenerallee01 New member -- Seeking help on a project - Fri Jan 20 2023 05:25 PM
Hi everyone! I'm really hoping someone can help me out with this. I am a graphic designer and am colorizing an old photo from 1935. There are three old gas pumps in the photo and I want to get the colors on them historically correct. But for the life of me, I cannot find any color photos of these exact models. Can anyone help me out?

Attached picture gaspumps.jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: New member -- Seeking help on a project - Sat Jan 21 2023 12:04 AM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: Bill jr Re: New member -- Seeking help on a project - Sat Jan 21 2023 12:29 AM
WELCOME TO OLDGAS
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: New member -- Seeking help on a project - Sat Jan 21 2023 12:51 AM
Welcome to Oldgas. Best of luck in your research!
Posted By: Oldgas Re: New member -- Seeking help on a project - Sat Jan 21 2023 02:00 AM
From "PCM Guide to Gas Pump Restoration" (out of print) color schemes
Ethyl pump was ochre yellow with red base and trim. Pump on right was dark green with a black base. Center pump has a "New Action" globe which is not listed, but is likely a regular grade that was light yellow with a black or dark blue base and trim. The AMOCO round logo has red panels above and below text. The American Gas round logo has a red dot in the center.
Posted By: Tankar Re: New member -- Seeking help on a project - Sat Jan 21 2023 02:40 AM
Welcome
Posted By: carconcierge Re: New member -- Seeking help on a project - Sun Jan 22 2023 06:43 PM
Sent you a PM. Click on envelope, upper right corner. Bob
Posted By: Skydog Re: New member -- Seeking help on a project - Wed Jan 25 2023 02:34 AM
Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk