Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: daveross Hello from Carp/Ottawa, Ontario - Sat Dec 17 2022 11:49 PM
Hello everyone,

Here’s a bit about me and why I’ve joined your forum.

I’m not really a collector of anything specific, but I have a vice for old things, especially when they’re better than new things. Fixing things that may not be worth the trouble is relaxing to me. When I can’t fix something I tear it down and keep what might be useful. I have too many projects at all times. I love the adventure of it.

A older friend is moving off his rural property to an apartment. A lifelong mechanic, he has sheds and such filled with decades of things that could be fixed but weren’t. A lot of junk that wasn’t painful to recycle, but a few gems I couldn’t bear to see lost.

Among them, a 165-lb Peter Wright anvil, a 1954 Massey Harris 33, and a model 97 Eco air meter.

I live on a hobby farm and a former stables building is my 1,000 sq.ft. shop. I do all manners of things in there and it is nothing like the shiny garages with checkered floors that some of you have, but it’s my escape.

I’m looking forward to restoring this model 97. It’s complete, the numbers move, and comes with a bee nest. I love it. My father is 80 and worked at a gas station; my mom, 78, worked at her dad’s gas station. Both used one of these thousands of times, and I remember using them when I was a kid. I want to pay my friend well for it, so your opinions on what it is worth will be appreciated.

If you like stories about adventures in farming and forest hobbies, I’ve written some short stories at www.oakcreekforestandfarm.com that people seem to enjoy.

I very often seek the information posted on these forums - it’s amazing what you can learn, which is probably my biggest interest of all.

David Ross

Attached picture 7203F141-ECFD-4DE6-9529-EBBAD98A5CA5.jpeg
Attached picture 9046ADE6-AFEC-4841-8D1B-5A898562F260.jpeg
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Hello from Carp/Ottawa, Ontario - Sat Dec 17 2022 11:54 PM
David, Welcome to Oldgas.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Hello from Carp/Ottawa, Ontario - Sun Dec 18 2022 12:34 AM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: Tankar Re: Hello from Carp/Ottawa, Ontario - Sun Dec 18 2022 01:29 AM
Welcome
Posted By: Skydog Re: Hello from Carp/Ottawa, Ontario - Mon Dec 19 2022 03:52 AM
Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk