Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Haplesscowboy Newbie Neon restore - Sat Nov 06 2021 12:24 AM
Hi All, new member here. I found this forum while doing some research on an old Chevrolet Super Service Neon sign that hung over my Granddad’s Chevy dealership in the 40s and 50s. The neon has been broken out on it and I’m contemplating having it redone but need advice as to what to look for when contracting someone to perform the work. For that matter I should probably ask if restoring the neon is wise at all, given there is still some broken neon in the sign. I’m looking forward to poking around here. Glad to have found you! I’m going to try to post a picture of the sign here if I can manage it…

Attached picture 5AE7088D-9D0C-46CE-8600-64EF1A801A42.jpeg
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Newbie Neon restore - Sat Nov 06 2021 01:08 AM
Welcome to Oldgas. Best of luck with your project!
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Newbie Neon restore - Sat Nov 06 2021 01:15 AM
Welcome nice sign . Definitely replace the neon . Lot’s of places doing neon now so well worth it . Just go look at some of their finished work note bends and how clean it looks when completed .Well worth it Especially being a family piece . Good luck
Posted By: advertologist Re: Newbie Neon restore - Sat Nov 06 2021 01:51 AM
welcome aboard .. ... cool

definitely get the neon done makes a world of difference

picture of mine done - you may be close enough too use my neon guy

he is located in Huntington Beach if you would like his contact info PM me ..

Attached picture IMG_4198[1].JPG
Posted By: Bill jr Re: Newbie Neon restore - Sat Nov 06 2021 12:04 PM
welcome to OLDGAS
Posted By: Tankar Re: Newbie Neon restore - Sat Nov 06 2021 05:57 PM
Welcome
Posted By: Skydog Re: Newbie Neon restore - Sat Nov 06 2021 09:36 PM
Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg
Posted By: Haplesscowboy Re: Newbie Neon restore - Sat Nov 06 2021 11:15 PM
Thanks Randy. I notice your sign has the “Chevrolet” letters all lit in Neon. Mine doesn’t seem to have that. Wish it did. What kind of money am I looking at to have the neon done? Thanks!
Posted By: advertologist Re: Newbie Neon restore - Sun Nov 07 2021 12:36 AM
Ed,
yours could have the Chevrolet letters in neon - mine was like yours the neon guy sold me on that idea

ever who you have do it "you need a good bender" as far as money you'd have too discuss that with the neon guy

does your sign have a can ? .. just noticed, the 2 signs of subject are different,

your chevrolet is in block letters .. ... cool
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Newbie Neon restore - Wed Nov 17 2021 02:03 AM
Welcome to OldGas!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk