Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jarvis Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 12:25 AM
Found out this afternoon my old buddy Bill Fortune has passed away. I used to talk to a lot and set up with him at it’s a gas and peotone. I haven’t seen him in 2 years... he had some health issues and just never was the same Bill. Sure will be missed.
Posted By: eshaver Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 01:04 AM
Jarvis , Please accept my condolences .....
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 02:05 AM
Sorry to hear about Bill's passing.
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 02:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear of Bill's passing. My condolences go to his family and friends.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 03:13 AM
RIP Bill.
Posted By: hawkike Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 05:19 AM
Sorry to hear of Bills death.I never met him but had done some transactions with him.He had a huge pole thermometer collection.
Posted By: mrcavalcade Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 10:04 AM
Sorry to hear
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 11:44 AM
Just talked to him about month ago , dealt with several times , Very good collection of pump plates and some globes R.I.P.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 12:30 PM
Bill was a soft-spoken, easy-going guy. Always enjoyed talking to him at Midwest petro swap meets. Rest in Peace, Bill.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 12:43 PM
RIP Bill.
Posted By: minuteman Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 12:52 PM
When I had an outside space at Iowa Gas, Bill was my neighbor. Long time collector and great guy.
RIP Bill.

Attached picture IMG_0920 (Medium).JPG
Posted By: nebrgas Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 01:34 PM
Sad to hear of Bill's passing. I got acquainted with him over 20 years ago when I bought a bunch of gas pump S&P's. Several years ago, Bill helped me with some hard-to-find parts for my National A38. A good guy in the hobby who will be missed.
Posted By: bustermonty Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 02:36 PM
Sad news. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends. R. I. P. Bill
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 04:49 PM
So Sorry to hear,sounds like Bill was a great guy.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Family and Friends.

R.I.P. Bill
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 05:54 PM
Bill was a great guy. I met him at Iowagas one day several years ago along with DB over by the truck when we were taking the Oldgas photo. After the picture we were all setting there drinking a beer and as we talked globes he mentioned that he had a single Rebel insert that i had been searching for. At the time he didn't want to sell it so i kinda forgot about it. About a year later he ask me if I was still needing that insert. He said it was mine if I wanted it and he could bring it to the Missouri show in January for me. When we met at the show later he handed it to me on an original red capco that was perfect. I completed it with my insert and it still sets here on the shelf. I won't say what I gave him for it but it was for sure a good guy deal and I was forever grateful. We talked occasionally after that and I saw him the last time at the MO show in Lake of the Ozarks I believe. He was a great asset to the hobby and will be missed. Rest in Peace Bill...
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 06:27 PM
Sad to hear and good that there was a photo hear to put a face to. Sometimes we forget the one chance meeting with people and do not remember.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 08:42 PM
AAaahhhhh, so sad to hear this! I knew Bill fairly well and had quite a few dealings with him.
He helped me out a lot with a couple of gas pump projects(quite a few years ago).
He was one of the "Good Guys" in the hobby and will be missed!
Rest in Peace Bill and save me a spot will you, I'm pretty sure I know where you are headed!
Posted By: LOWright Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 09:00 PM
RIP Bill....
Posted By: advertologist Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 09:11 PM
sorry too hear - one of the good guys -
condolences too the family - RIP .. ... cool
Posted By: Done4 Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 11:49 PM
Very sorry to hear this. Another gas guy leaving us. Condolences to his family. RIP
Posted By: tbuckles Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Mon Oct 08 2018 11:54 PM
Sad news, Bill was always a pleasure to visit with at the shows. He will be missed.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Tue Oct 09 2018 04:53 PM
Very saddened to hear this.I first met him @ Peotone and always enjoyed talking with him.
He always had the skinny on what was what....R.I.P. Bill F.
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Thu Oct 25 2018 12:29 AM
Damn sorry to hear that...I met Bill through eBay, then in person at Columbus...nice guy, and a very knowledgeable collector...
Posted By: jkyocom Re: Oldgas memeber passed away - Thu Oct 25 2018 12:43 AM
I have done some business with him, nice guy.
Can anyone email me his age & details?
Thanks
Joe
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk