Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 57CameoGuy IAGAS - Sun Jun 28 2015 12:37 AM
I recieved my Holiday Inn confirmation today. Woo Hoo
Posted By: Mike M. Re: IAGAS - Tue Jun 30 2015 12:53 AM
got mine today.
Posted By: puregas Re: IAGAS - Wed Jul 08 2015 03:55 AM
Just wondering who else has gotten their's? I haven't received mine yet. Thinking about calling the hotel.
Pat
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: IAGAS - Wed Jul 08 2015 08:57 AM
Ours came early last week.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: IAGAS - Wed Jul 08 2015 11:50 AM
Mine came last Friday.
Posted By: hotcidr Re: IAGAS - Wed Jul 08 2015 03:47 PM
I just called and they are all sent out so everyone should see their card this week.
I may be going to give up my great ground floor room at noon on Wednesday which will have been paid for already if someone wants to discuss with me
Ray
hotcidr@cox.net
Posted By: Mike M. Re: IAGAS - Wed Jul 08 2015 03:59 PM
But Ray the show starts on Wednesday...LOL
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: IAGAS - Thu Jul 09 2015 01:44 AM
Originally Posted By Mike M.
But Ray the show starts on Wednesday...LOL

Sure it does.
Posted By: puregas Re: IAGAS - Thu Jul 09 2015 03:10 AM
That's why everyone is getting there on Sunday, huh? I also called today and my confirmation was going out today. Only four weeks away!
Pat
Posted By: NationsAttic Re: IAGAS - Wed Jul 15 2015 02:54 AM
This will be my first show and I was wondering if you guys could give me a little travel advice. Should I be getting a room for Tuesday night to be ready for Wednesday? Would the Fairfield Inn down the road be a good place to stay and just walk to the show? Thanks everyone! Don
Posted By: Mike M. Re: IAGAS - Wed Jul 15 2015 04:16 AM
Fairfield is more than a short walk... We used to stay at the Hotel nearby on army post road (that I think is a Ramada now)
which was only 2 blocks away. Good Luck.

Also some are gone by Wednesday but no matter what is said there are still plenty of nice stuff to be found right up to Fridays Auction.
Posted By: BryceG Re: IAGAS - Wed Jul 15 2015 01:51 PM
will be doing my usual 1-day trip to Iowa... last year I went on Wednesday, but I felt I was late as some vendors were gone by noon. so I will be going Tuesday this year, see you all there.

most go for the petroliana, but I just go for the cheese curds and spotted cow! smile
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: IAGAS - Fri Jul 17 2015 02:31 AM
See you all there!
Posted By: hotcidr Re: IAGAS - Fri Jul 17 2015 05:33 PM
I arrived on Monday afternoon last year and people were selling but the main group showed up on Tuesday including good room to room Tuesday night. The show grounds were like a cemetery by noon on Wednesday. Thursday is a good day to plan on getting out to see Des Moines
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: IAGAS - Fri Jul 17 2015 05:49 PM
Originally Posted By hotcidr
I arrived on Monday afternoon last year and people were selling but the main group showed up on Tuesday including good room to room Tuesday night. The show grounds were like a cemetery by noon on Wednesday. Thursday is a good day to plan on getting out to see Des Moines

I agree, Tuesday is the day you need to be there. By Wednesday at noon, you might as well spend the rest of the day in the pool. We will be getting there sometime Monday morning. See ya all there!
Posted By: BryceG Re: IAGAS - Fri Jul 17 2015 06:32 PM
Originally Posted By Ryan Underthun
By Wednesday at noon, you might as well spend the rest of the day in the pool.

and by pool, he means eating cheese curds and drinking beer.

i made the mistake of going on wednesday last year... walked in at 8am, saw a Wayne 60 that got my attention, walked around until 11am & walked back to buy the Wayne 60 and the vendor was long gone.

lesson learned, Ill be there Tuesday
Posted By: NationsAttic Re: IAGAS - Fri Jul 17 2015 06:33 PM
Since I'm not staying at the Holiday Inn, will I still be able to go to the room to room trading?
Posted By: Mike M. Re: IAGAS - Fri Jul 17 2015 06:40 PM
I Love you guys but I wish you would stop scaring people off. I have been going for 15 plus years and always stick around for the auction on Friday. I have found some great deals right up thru Thursday in both the swap and room to room.

The primo stuff may be gone to guys with a whole lot more disposable $$$$$ than I have to spend but for the rest of us, deals are still there for my collection.

Last year I got a deal on a Richfield sign Thursday afternoon that I could have sold for more in the hotel going to my room and again when I posted it here after the show. Also, I was able to sell a few more items myself on Thursday outside with the foot traffic still coming thru.

IMO, If you keep telling everyone it's done because you leave by Wednesday then how are we going keep bringing in people to the show let alone the auction on Friday. I love the show and Ron and John do a great job running it so lets let people who see advertised as a Wednesday to Friday show come by.

This year I'm coming by Monday night to see if I can score a primo piece myself, but I still will enjoy the rest of the week looking, buying and seeing my fellow hobbyists that I only get to see once a year!!!!

We need to increase the Foot traffic not scare and new ones away.

Just my opinion guys to keep the next generation coming our way.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: IAGAS - Fri Jul 17 2015 06:41 PM
Originally Posted By credon
Since I'm not staying at the Holiday Inn, will I still be able to go to the room to room trading?

Yes once your registered for the show your welcome in the room to room swap.
Posted By: hotcidr Re: IAGAS - Sat Jul 18 2015 03:28 PM
Mike is right, there are always things to find on Wednesday and Thursday...I'm just saying it really slows down. The "big boys" have already found what they want but there is so much to go around that you won't get bored. Room to Room is really fun right up to the end
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: IAGAS - Sat Jul 18 2015 03:33 PM
Mike, you bring up some very good points.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: IAGAS - Sun Jul 19 2015 05:36 PM
I agree with Mike! Well said, I will be there by Monday for sure.
Posted By: keithia Re: IAGAS - Sun Jul 19 2015 05:58 PM
Lots of vendors still around until Thursday. We will get there on Tuesday AM and will stay until around Thursday Noon or so. We have done very well on Thursdays.
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: IAGAS - Sun Jul 19 2015 07:18 PM
One other thought, Gang...there are always many good items for sale inside, by the EXHIBIT HALL vendors. That part of the meet doesn't even open for vendor set-up until approximately noon on Tuesday. So, there are lots of opportunities to score something special in the Exhibit Hall later on Tuesday, on Wednesday and Thursday. Last year, things kept going at a good pace in the Exhibit Hall at least until noon on Thursday. John
Posted By: Coops 427 Re: IAGAS - Sun Jul 19 2015 07:19 PM
I will be getting there Sunday afternoon. Last year I arrived Monday around 2:00 PM and the lot was 1/2 full.
Posted By: sd389421 Re: IAGAS - Mon Jul 20 2015 10:30 AM
I only have one day to visit.
From what I read,
Tuesday August 4th is the best day to visit?

What time is the best time to be there? 8 am?
Thanks
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: IAGAS - Mon Jul 20 2015 12:17 PM
If you can only be there one day, Tuesday would be the day that I recommend. Things are usually going strong by 6am.
Posted By: shaunhiggins Re: IAGAS - Mon Jul 20 2015 01:33 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the show.I will be set up in the courtyard inside the hotel (not the function hall) and have a bunch of great oil, gas and automotive signs, posters and counter top displays...This 1920's Michelin cloth banner is among the highlights...Measuring a full 10'x3'...come by and check it out...say hello and have a cold brew on me!

Attached picture 002.JPG
Posted By: shaunhiggins Re: IAGAS - Mon Jul 20 2015 07:59 PM
Oh Yes...AND I WILL BE THERE FROM TUESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY...
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: IAGAS - Tue Jul 21 2015 12:57 AM
Shaun--If you bring "Bud Light" they will come!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: IAGAS - Tue Jul 21 2015 12:58 AM
Shaun--If you bring "Bud Light" they will come!
Posted By: shaunhiggins Re: IAGAS - Tue Jul 21 2015 09:32 AM
I'm usually a Coors light man myself but I'll mix it up this year!!
Posted By: BryceG Re: IAGAS - Tue Jul 21 2015 12:28 PM
Originally Posted By shaunhiggins
I'm usually a Coors light man myself

good man. tap those rockies.
Posted By: sd389421 Re: IAGAS - Tue Jul 21 2015 07:00 PM
At the Columbus show, there was a large round Signal gas sign. Will the person selling the sign be at Iowa Gas? Looks like nice sign
Posted By: Stevo Re: IAGAS - Tue Jul 21 2015 08:25 PM
I'll be glad to bring the Coors(orCoors light) straight from the Rockies if someone's bringing the Bud(wiser)...
Posted By: Mike M. Re: IAGAS - Tue Jul 21 2015 08:35 PM
Spotted Cow and Cheese curds coming from Wisconi!
Posted By: BryceG Re: IAGAS - Tue Jul 21 2015 08:51 PM
Spotted Cow and Cheese curds coming from Wisconi!

both are gross... i recommend everyone stay away from them whistle
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: IAGAS - Sat Jul 25 2015 04:53 AM
I will see everyone there.
driving out again from Ca. leaving Tue this next week and going to pick and scrounge all the way. Leaving with only one small five foot pump on the trailer to use as bait.

Rob
Posted By: Speedracer Re: IAGAS - Mon Jul 27 2015 07:14 AM
Haaaa, I agree with Bryce on the cheese curds (yuck). But Mike M, I know we've probably never met, but if you have time and room and want to bring me a case of Wisconsin Brewing Co. Amber Lager (24 bottles - warm) I would gladly pay you for the case plus $10. Bring two and I'll give you $20 for your trouble. I'm very serious. Let me know - (PM me or something). Thanks smile If not, no biggie, just throwin' it out there.

Description: WI Brewing Co Amber Lager
Attached picture WI Amber Lager[1].png
Posted By: nuts66 Re: IAGAS - Tue Jul 28 2015 11:24 AM
Here's some globes I'm bringing to IowaGas
15" fyredrop, 16 1/2" tydol, 16 1/2" tydol ethyl, 16 1/2", 15" Davis Pet.Products, 15" Betholine, 16 1/2" solite, ope Kanotex And maybe some others (downsizeing) $750 -$6500.
Posted By: shaunhiggins Re: IAGAS - Tue Jul 28 2015 04:18 PM
Anyone from South Carolina going to Iowa Gas please check the transportation board...Thanks!
Posted By: Mike M. Re: IAGAS - Tue Jul 28 2015 05:16 PM
I'll see what I can do Steve! I'll be hauling more beer this year than Signs LOL.....for nobody liking the curds they sure went fast or maybe it was Bryce taking them all for himself!
Posted By: 57CameoGuy Re: IAGAS - Tue Jul 28 2015 11:38 PM
Surely I get some curds for sign delivery, Mike. lol.
Posted By: NationsAttic Re: IAGAS - Wed Jul 29 2015 12:03 AM
Could you post a photo of the Kanotex globe? Thanks
Posted By: Speedracer Re: IAGAS - Wed Jul 29 2015 02:23 AM
Ha haaa. Thanks Mike. See you there.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: IAGAS - Fri Jul 31 2015 01:54 AM
Originally Posted By credon
Could you post a photo of the Kanotex globe? Thanks

Heck with the globe!
Could you post a picture of the Spotted Cow and the cheese curds?
Posted By: Mike M. Re: IAGAS - Fri Jul 31 2015 03:56 AM
Just for Kevin!!

Attached picture IMG_7174.jpg
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: IAGAS - Fri Jul 31 2015 12:01 PM
Now that there should lure EVERYONE to Iowa Gas!
Posted By: BryceG Re: IAGAS - Fri Jul 31 2015 12:19 PM

Attached picture homer_drool.jpg
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: IAGAS - Sat Aug 01 2015 03:20 AM
Hahaha
Posted By: Derbygasman Re: IAGAS - Sat Aug 01 2015 09:09 PM
Don,

He posted a picture of the kanotex globe in the for sale section. It's nice.

Marshsll
Posted By: kjsplichal67 Re: IAGAS - Sun Aug 02 2015 02:46 AM
Looking forward to seeing you all there with my brother and dad. AKA bsplichal95. See you all there!
Posted By: Mike M. Re: IAGAS - Sun Aug 02 2015 03:22 PM
Looks like were dodging the Big Heat again...see you guys there!

Attached picture aaaa.jpg
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: IAGAS - Sun Aug 02 2015 09:24 PM
weather looks good! If someone can't make it for some unforeseen reason,and has to cancel reservation. I'd love a room at Holiday Inn so the kids can swim. Message me before cancelling if you have or know of something please. Looking forward to another fun show!
Posted By: Speedracer Re: IAGAS - Fri Aug 14 2015 04:49 AM
I'll see what I can do Steve! I'll be hauling more beer this year than Signs LOL.....for nobody liking the curds they sure went fast or maybe it was Bryce taking them all for himself!

Mike, I want to thank you again for bringing me some of that delicious Wisconsin beer. What a great sight this is. A guy I never met did me a wonderful favor. One of my best buys of the show... LOL. So thanks Mike for doing me a favor; it was nice meeting you and your wife, and Thanks Old Gas for a wonderful website.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk