Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Mobil Pegasus shield DSP sign - Mon Oct 15 2012 08:43 PM
Original porcelain double sided sign. Texlite 35 (1935?). One side a little rougher than the other. Gloss is pretty good on the not as bad side, and good on the worse side. I think it has the original hanging bracket. Sorry about the pictures they're a bit bad because the sign was behind stuff and on the ground. The price the seller put out seemed good to me, but I'd like to hear others' input.

Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: Mobil Pegasus shield DSP sign - Mon Oct 15 2012 08:48 PM
I'd pay 500.
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: Mobil Pegasus shield DSP sign - Mon Oct 15 2012 10:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Gas sign guy
I'd pay 500.
Is that it's fair market value or a price you'd pay and double up on?
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Mobil Pegasus shield DSP sign - Mon Oct 15 2012 10:36 PM
For condition, I'd give $450 Delivered
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: Mobil Pegasus shield DSP sign - Mon Oct 15 2012 11:11 PM
Given the condition it's a sub $1000 piece retail in the Carolinas.
Average picker would pay $300-450 and ask $600-850.

It's not a rare version of the sign.
Posted By: DaveWilliams Re: Mobil Pegasus shield DSP sign - Mon Oct 15 2012 11:48 PM
I wouldn't pay over $400 myself, not rare and not great condition to boost value. You should pay what you need to to get it if you would regret not having it later, but not so much that you'd regret what you paid later. That's my formula!
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: Mobil Pegasus shield DSP sign - Mon Oct 15 2012 11:52 PM
I don't think I'll have another chance at one close to me. The asking price was at or above most of your estimates. I've always wanted some sort of Peggy! Thanks for the help everyone.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk