Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: stonefox Texaco Petroleum Products Display - Thu Apr 22 2021 06:10 PM
Hi all, I have had this display for about a dozen years now and have periodically tried to find another one like it through internet searches and have not been successful in finding any comparisons. I think it is from the late 30's or 40's based on the logo "T" ? The sample stand is made of pressed tin? steel? with painted and lithographed front "Texas Company, U.S.A. " There is no information on the inside of the stand other than a small tag which states that the lithograph was done in New York, NY. There is one missing sample, the highest viscosity sample, from the side viscosity/product display that is removeable so you can flip it over and see the differences in viscosity of the different products, pretty cool grin All of the bottles have the cork intact and are full of product. The gasoline bottle has lost some, about 30% through evaporation through the cork I suspect. If anyone has more information about it and its value I would appreciate it. Thank you!

Attached picture 20210422_102458.jpg
Attached picture 20210422_102607.jpg
Attached picture 20210422_102623.jpg
Attached picture 20210422_102649.jpg
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Texaco Petroleum Products Display - Thu Apr 22 2021 06:17 PM
Saw exact one on another site few months back . I believe that one was thought to have came out of a school Auto Shop Classroom . Used as a Teaching aid . My opinion it was a lab display reason it was not portable & likely to get damaged in transport . Very nice is it for sale ? If so PM please . Thanks
Posted By: stonefox Re: Texaco Petroleum Products Display - Thu Apr 22 2021 08:15 PM
Buzy56, This is not for sale. I am only doing research into this display for my own information. Do you know what years this was produced?
Stonefox
Posted By: advertologist Re: Texaco Petroleum Products Display - Thu Apr 22 2021 08:24 PM
IMO - your right on 30's or early 40's .. ... cool

value: in the neighborhood of a minimal of 300. +
Posted By: stonefox Re: Texaco Petroleum Products Display - Thu Apr 22 2021 10:11 PM
advertologist Thanks!
Posted By: Alex Re: Texaco Petroleum Products Display - Fri Apr 23 2021 12:10 AM
I had a picture that showed one of these as part of a Texaco display that would have been used at a trade show or state fair type place to show the products. Danged if I can find the picture.
Posted By: stonefox Re: Texaco Petroleum Products Display - Fri Apr 23 2021 01:01 PM
Hey Alex, I see you are in Butte, me too.
stonefox
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk