Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Bob8239 Possibly rare sized conoco sign value - Tue Apr 09 2019 03:11 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I've been trying to find information and a value for this conoco sign I recently acquired and havent came up with much. Its approximately 2"×2" and double sided. sorry I dont have a pic of the other side at the moment.

Attached picture 20190408_195358.jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: Possibly rare sized conoco sign value - Tue Apr 09 2019 04:32 PM
IMO - in the 1K+ neighborhood - that size you don't see many .. ... cool
Posted By: Bob8239 Re: Possibly rare sized conoco sign value - Tue Apr 09 2019 05:10 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Meant 2'x2' lol. The only 2 I've found this size went for $1,750 ( double sided but one side was completely gone) and a similar sized one that sold on morphy's for $4,400 (NOS without the bracket). Any idea on age of this sign?
Posted By: minuteman Re: Possibly rare sized conoco sign value - Tue Apr 09 2019 05:59 PM
I don’t think I have ever seen a 2 inch one
Posted By: DuceCpe Re: Possibly rare sized conoco sign value - Wed Apr 17 2019 06:14 PM
He is most likely estimating the size? Mine is 29" x 26".
Posted By: Alex Re: Possibly rare sized conoco sign value - Wed Apr 17 2019 07:23 PM
if you use a little Barkeeper's Friend (By the cleansers in the supermarket) you can probably remove that rust without damaging the porcelain. There are other products out there that people may chime in on. Wet the sign, sprinkle some on...use your fingers to spread it around, let it sit for a few...then with either a gentle scouring pad or some 000 grade steel wool, that will come right off. Rinse...repeat as necessary... Don't over scrub. Patience is your friend. For what it is worth.
Posted By: cggas Re: Possibly rare sized conoco sign value - Thu Apr 18 2019 01:31 AM

I do like Alex does, but use a bottle of Wesley’s white wall cleaner to wet the sign & kinda make a paste with the WW cleaner & barkeepers.
Posted By: Alex Re: Possibly rare sized conoco sign value - Thu Apr 18 2019 02:52 PM
I like that combination...will have to try that...
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk