Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: JeanDP Value British American little boy - Sun Nov 15 2015 08:11 PM
Can someone value this BA little boy?
Found in Québec Province.
Come from a old gas station in Bellechasse region.
Thanks

Attached picture BA boy.jpg
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Value British American little boy - Sun Nov 15 2015 08:26 PM
Looks a lot like a Fisk Tire boy.

What is it made from? How tall? Could you post a bigger photo?
Posted By: JeanDP Re: Value British American little boy - Wed Nov 18 2015 12:10 AM
Hi,
you're right, it's seem to be a Fisk Tire boy recycling in B/A boy. Why??? i don't know.
It seems to be in fiberglass, 30'' height, 23'' hand to hand.

thanks
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Value British American little boy - Wed Nov 18 2015 12:28 AM
In the 1960s, about 300 new fiberglass Fisk Boys were made and distributed to tire retailers.

Info in discussion at this link:
http://www.vintagevending.com/fisk-tire-boy-fiberglass-statue
Posted By: JeanDP Re: Value British American little boy - Fri Dec 18 2015 02:53 AM
Thanks for the link. I took some more photos with a better camera. I sadly could not find the tire that is supposed to go with it anywhere.

I also took a picture of a old grease can that was with it at the same time.

Have a nice day!
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: Value British American little boy - Fri Dec 18 2015 03:23 AM
Jim is correct...that is a Fisk Boy that has been repainted
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Value British American little boy - Fri Dec 18 2015 11:39 AM
BA sold Fisk Tires so it would make sense for a dealer to repaint the statue for his station.
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=417020&page=1
Look halfway down the page you'll see a Fisk BA sign.
Posted By: KL Bird Re: Value British American little boy - Fri Dec 18 2015 08:05 PM
I don't know what the value would be on that, but as far as I am aware, that was probably painted at the gas station like that as I know of none that were painted in B/A logo and trim. Nice find.
Ken.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk