Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: LOWright Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Mon Sep 15 2014 08:47 PM
I would like a Weasel Oil can that DB made. I can't imagine anyone selling one, but if you happen to have an extra one, please let me know. I miss his humor and wit and need a can to remind me of him when i'm not on Oldgas…Thanks!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Thu Sep 18 2014 12:28 AM
I would also like to find one, but owen is first.
Posted By: LOWright Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Thu Sep 18 2014 12:47 AM
Got to be a couple out there Kevin…..I should have got one awhile back!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Thu Oct 23 2014 04:45 PM
I don't know about Owen, but I'm still looking to buy one of DB's Weasel Oil cans!
It would mean a lot to me if someone would sell me one. I bet someone has an extra???

Attached picture Weasel_Motor_Oil.jpg
Posted By: archer2 Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Thu Oct 23 2014 07:07 PM
Why don't you check with ThunderII. If I remember, he told the story of its history.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Thu Oct 23 2014 08:15 PM
Thanks for reminding me about the "Weasel Oil" cans... I had set it in a corner of the garage...

I am one of the "lucky ones" to also own a "Weasel Speedoil" can.....

Posted By: Steven C. Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Thu Oct 23 2014 08:54 PM
Well needless to say, I would love one as well, but someone please tell me the story behind them? There has to be some kind of story.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Thu Oct 23 2014 09:01 PM
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=141429

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=140870&page=all
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Thu Oct 23 2014 09:47 PM
Thanks Bob!! Those are some old threads. Before my time in the hobby. Kind of left me a little confused to be honest with you.
Posted By: blacktee Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Thu Oct 23 2014 11:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Steve C.
Thanks Bob!! Those are some old threads. Before my time in the hobby. Kind of left me a little confused to be honest with you.

I think Dick confused a lot of us at one point in time.

I hope all of you guys locate a can.
Posted By: LOWright Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Thu Oct 23 2014 11:54 PM
Yes, I'm still looking too! Thanks
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Fri Oct 24 2014 01:29 AM
I'd like one to. Any of db's cans would be nice to.
Posted By: Savinsam Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Fri Oct 24 2014 05:46 PM
Does anyone have any idea as to how many Repro cans, of all kinds, that DB made & sold? I have about six.
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Fri Oct 24 2014 11:59 PM
I have been asked to contribute to this. Yes, I do have numerous examples of the Professor's work. However, ALL of the items, are VERY precious to me, so they will remain as a part of my collection.

Originally Posted By: Savinsam
Does anyone have any idea as to how many Repro cans, of all kinds, that DB made & sold? I have about six.

Dick Bennett, made more than just Repro cans. We worked together on items such as, bottles of "Grinder Sparks" and "Blinker Fluid", in many different company names. Many different decals, for various pumps, and other items in my collection, can also be credited to him. He has also provided me with Oil, and Fuel Filter Boxes, for my collection.

Dick also re-lidded cans, of numerous different sizes. In fact, he had a machine, for every size. He even made a "Drum" Magazine, for my Tommy Gun prop.
Posted By: st.rod Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Sat Oct 25 2014 12:14 AM
I attended his memorial. Dick would have given me one as it was just a joke between him an Paddy, texaspelican. Had no reason to want one. Kind of silly at the time.

Trust me, I want one to honor my friend!

Larry
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Sat Oct 25 2014 12:45 AM
I am lucky enough to have 2 cans that DB relidded for me and when I asked him for an amount--he said that this one was "on the house"! I'll probably have those 2 cans until the end.
I had always intended to buy one of the Weasel Oil cans from Dick, but like everyone, I always thought there ws plenty of time! I was Oh so wrong!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Sat Oct 25 2014 01:20 AM
Let us not forget that this thread was started by Owen, in the hopes of finding one of those cans! Lets find him one, and if there are more than one-- then there are evidently plenty of us that want one too!
Posted By: st.rod Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Sat Oct 25 2014 01:32 AM
I can smell greed in this thread. Yea lets all make a buck on his demise. God Bless you Dick.
I'm Out

Larry
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Wed Oct 29 2014 12:37 AM
I continue to receive requests, for the "Now Famous" Weasel Oil can. As I was in charge of Advertising & Marketing, I only have one can, and one certificate. I do however, have a few Coin Banks, that don't fit into my Chevron Collection. Dick Bennett, like any other celebrity friend, was just that. A friend. We shared many good times together. Spent a lot of time together. Shared, traded, and sold, many items to/with each other. We even cut up (Photoshopped) Ryan Underthuns's Speedboat, and threw it in one of my roll-off dumpsters.

NONE, I repeat, NONE of these things, were ever done, in the hopes of any sort of financial gain, upon my friends passing...

Perhaps at this time, we should all embrace the Brotherhood of this hobby, and this Forum. Remember the sarcasm. Remember the oranges. And remember the friendship, and the wealth of knowledge, of the "Professor"...

Tonight, I'll enjoy a Barley Pop in your honor. However, I prefer mine cold...
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Wanted "DB's Weasel Oil Can" - Wed Oct 29 2014 11:27 AM
I asked dick to make me a few shirts years ago with the freedom logo on the back. He made one for myself, and one for my wife. He put testicles on the dog on my wifes shirt. He said anybody that puts up with me has to be nuts...

I dont have a Weasel oil can for Owen, wish I had 100 of them to give out to everybody...
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk