Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 57CameoGuy Books - Sun Mar 10 2013 10:42 AM
I am looking for some suggestions on which books I should get to start a library for reference. I am thinking something on pumps, one on petrol signs, and one on signs in general. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Posted By: dodgeman60 Re: Books - Sun Mar 10 2013 10:57 AM
there is a bookstore link on top of the page, get the pump book for sure, lots of good info in it
Posted By: 57CameoGuy Re: Books - Sun Mar 10 2013 11:18 AM
WOW, I never clicked on that link. Thanks a lot.
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: Books - Sun Mar 10 2013 01:53 PM
Jack's pump book is a must have. Scott's new globe CD looks amazing if into globes at all (unfortunately I dont have one yet). Dan Matthews and Rich Amistadi both have books that are excellent references on signs. However, there were so many signs made, nothing will cover all of them. jack also jas an air meter book. Those would be a good start to me.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Books - Sun Mar 10 2013 03:29 PM
Also subscribe to CTO (Check The Oil) and PCM (Petroleum Collectibles Monthly) magazines as with each issue comes good education on old stuff and what's new in the hobby.
Posted By: Old Iron Re: Books - Sun Mar 10 2013 03:49 PM
I noticed that you just joined.I agree with everything posted above.In addition to those I would suggest PCM's book on gas pump restoration.That book has really good sections on pump plates and ad glass among other things.

I would also recommend that you order catalogs from both Vic's and Gas Pump Heaven.Those will show you what is readily available in reproduction globes and both reproduction and fantasy signs.By learning to cross reference between those catalogs and PCM's book you will learn alot about how to avoid a few of the problems with repops.

As noted,nothing is going to cover it all,but there are some to start with.Good luck.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk