Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: badgas The old days - Fri Jan 25 2013 12:15 AM
I haven't been on here for a while and not sure if this link was posted at some time.

The Old Days - Cars and Gas pumps
Posted By: nochevys Re: The old days - Fri Jan 25 2013 12:52 AM
great pics

thanks!
Posted By: HoneyBearFarm Re: The old days - Fri Jan 25 2013 02:23 AM
Great pictures, but one of them is recent. The photo of the Shell station, with the station wagon and trailer, was taken within the last 10-15 years at the Gilmore Car Museum, in Hickory Corners, Mi. I have pictures of both of my street rods in front of the station, very similar to this one. The museum recreated the Shell station, from a similar one in Jackson, Mi, and most of the items in and outside of the station were donated by a Shell distributor, in Jackson.
A visit to the museum is well worth the time. Besides the Shell station, they also have a restored diner car, and of course, over a hundred antique cars. Most of the autos are kept inside restored barns, that have been moved to the museum from farms in the area. They have a cruise nite every Wed. evening, during the summer, and different car shows almost every weekend.
More info, and pictures of the Shell station, visit www.gilmorecarmuseum.org
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: The old days - Fri Jan 25 2013 04:13 PM
I noticed that too Buddy, just kind of slipped in the Gilmore pic, lol. It's a neat place which I would recommend Old Gassers visit if they are in the area. The Shell station is great, but there are also plenty of signs and Petrol items throughout the other buildings. The hood ornament collection is very neat as well, probably one of the largest collections to see in one spot.
Thanks for the post. I was able to spot in the photo of the Mobil station in winter the Santa posters that I have with the Mobil logo on the bottom. I printed it out to put with my posters. I like it when I'm able to find photos of promotional items in use that I own. I never thought I'd find a period photo of the Christmas posters in use, so thanks again for the link.
Darin
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: The old days - Sat Jan 26 2013 01:51 AM
I probably got this same link in about 5 emails from different people. smile
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk