Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: oldnfuelish fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Tue Jan 11 2011 10:20 PM

pic says it all.spelled wrong?guy says its old but a mistake.got kinda excited until i realised it wasnt spelled right!!DOH!!
Posted By: POLESIGNKID Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Tue Jan 11 2011 10:38 PM
What an idiot.......if every that make the fakes could do the same.....lol
Posted By: Mac Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Tue Jan 11 2011 10:42 PM
Hey Mick,
The guy selling them is out of Belividere, IL and he has several signs for sale that he is selling as originals that are repops. The call themselves the "Belvidere Pickers". wouldn't touch one of their signs with a ten foot pole.

Just ruining the hobby for folks that like Petroliana, but can't spell. The sign you have there probably came from Argentina or India.

Mac
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Tue Jan 11 2011 10:45 PM
yeah i just talked to him and according to him"he went into an old factory,an found a bunch of signs.
"they must be real.but so what if their not,still a good sign"
Posted By: Rudy Owens Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Tue Jan 11 2011 11:25 PM
Here is the best part, it SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Lucky's Lonestar Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Tue Jan 11 2011 11:34 PM
WOW SWEET SIGN DUDE! I WONDER IF HE HAS A 42" TECKSACO!!
Posted By: porcelain-neon Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Tue Jan 11 2011 11:37 PM
Ya, must be one out of Bongo's hoard!
Posted By: chrisbowers Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Tue Jan 11 2011 11:37 PM
HAHAHAHA Gotta love dumb crooks. Unfortunate they managed to dupe someone by the sounds of it though.
Posted By: POLESIGNKID Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Tue Jan 11 2011 11:50 PM
He has a bunch of them listed on craigslist........I wonder how long it will take for the suck that bought it , to find out that it's spelled wrong.....lmao......
Posted By: tallgye49 Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Tue Jan 11 2011 11:56 PM
Nothing like an illiterate trying to perpetrate a fraud when spelling is the key. How about "Uniun Oil" or "Signul Oil" or "Gilmoore Oil"? Operators are standing by to take your orders. Have your credit cards ready.
Posted By: Lucky's Lonestar Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Wed Jan 12 2011 12:01 AM
Probably when he kicks back and cracks open a cold one to enjoy his new pride and joy! hahaha
Posted By: LOWright Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Wed Jan 12 2011 12:10 AM
He needs to copy his sign! Next time it will be right.
Posted By: chadrock00 Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Wed Jan 12 2011 12:17 AM
You should see his original 30 inch Capatiller signs.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Wed Jan 12 2011 12:29 AM
Hope he gives appropriate feedback on a Front_urd sign
Posted By: POLESIGNKID Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Wed Jan 12 2011 12:48 AM
Maybe the spill check wasn't working on his computer.........
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Wed Jan 12 2011 05:53 AM
I heard he's coming out with Golf, Standurd, and Citys Servous signs next. I can't wait !
Posted By: 67Chev4X4 Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Wed Jan 12 2011 06:29 AM
I think I'll contact the company management and see if this is a copyright infringement. frontiermitch aka Mitch
Posted By: JOSBORN Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Wed Jan 12 2011 10:58 AM
If anyone on here sees their ads please
FLAG THE JUNK!
Posted By: Seth Robbins Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Wed Jan 12 2011 01:15 PM
I before E except after T.
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Wed Jan 12 2011 01:21 PM
No I didnt do his spell chechen.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Wed Jan 12 2011 01:30 PM
OK--All the spelling jokes are great but we've got to take this somewhat seriously! This is a serious threat to all of us and we should do all we can to learn more about this situation and spread the word, as much as possible, on it. These things are going to be around harrassing us for years to come and if we can minimize the impact now, thru education and warnings, then maybe the impact won't be quite as severe.
I for one, would like more information on location, production, and any tell-tale information that there might be in the actual signs. He's going to get the spelling right some of the time and people will be jumping to own a nice clean porcelain sign that is supposed to be original! Those with more information need to get it out to the right places immediately! Thanks---KEVIN
Posted By: POLESIGNKID Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Wed Jan 12 2011 03:58 PM
Well the joker is back......he has some listed in the Rockford,il c-list and now h has about 8 more listed in the chicago c-list......just type sign in search box and you'll find them.........
Posted By: Mac Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Wed Jan 12 2011 04:41 PM
If everyone just gets out there and flags his Ads, we can at least make it difficult. I, for one, have already flagged his Ads.

Mac
Posted By: POLESIGNKID Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Wed Jan 12 2011 05:26 PM
I'm flagging also......
Posted By: JOSBORN Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Thu Jan 13 2011 10:34 AM
Keep flagging Gentleman!!!!!
Posted By: 67Chev4X4 Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Fri Jan 14 2011 08:42 AM
I just did before coming on here.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Fri Jan 14 2011 11:18 AM
heck with flagging, put your own post in after he post telling the truth about the sign/signs, That might prevent others from getting screwed
Posted By: Mac Re: fronteir sign 30" real or not?value? - Fri Jan 14 2011 02:19 PM
There was a guy who did that a few weeks ago and then the guy selling the fakes replied denying the allegations.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk