Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Shell logo - Tue Sep 06 2022 01:48 AM
Does anyone have or has seen this white and yellow logo on the dark yellow red stripe cans? This was a short lived transition logo used between the all yellow and the red and yellow (sharks tooth) logo. I have only seen it on the cream, yellow and red (tri-color) cans and maps. I just bought this can and it is the first time I seen it on the all yellow can. Please post pictures if you have one, I would like to see some others.

Attached picture s-l1600y.jpg
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Shell logo - Tue Sep 06 2022 04:46 PM
I thought I might have recreated that one, but mine is newer I think. I had artworkIQ vectorize it for me, if you upload the image they should be able to make it, if that's what you are looking to do. This is the one they made for me from an image, I know its not what you are after.

Attached picture Shell Oil[1] (1).jpg
Posted By: yeley101 Re: Shell logo - Thu Sep 08 2022 12:30 AM
I have these two that are a little different than the others I have......but these look a bit different than the one you have shown too.

Attached picture IMG_9555.JPG
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Shell logo - Thu Sep 08 2022 03:32 AM
Originally Posted by yeley101
I have these two that are a little different than the others I have......but these look a bit different than the one you have shown too.

Those are nice cans! I have theses as well but not as nice as yours. This logo was used before the all orange-yellow logo. I believe it was used after the Shell of California and Roxana logo period. Not sure on time period, possibly eary 30`s.

Thanks for sharing.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk