Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Stephenwarren30 Out of Wall Space for Signs Idea - Wed Jun 22 2022 01:35 PM
For years I had heard members discuss running out of garage wall space to hang their signs. My sweet wife drew the line in the sand at the garage door entrance…no signs beyond! Being the head of my house wearing the pants in my family…I gently complied…” yes dear”. So when I found I had no more garage wall space and yet finding a sign that I had looked for years…I did the natural thing… I bought it thinking…”where in the world will I hang it?”

So I began my engineering thoughts. The only open place in my garage is not on the wall…it is on our Frigidaire frostfree upright freezer. So I began thinking how can I hang this Texaco Registered Restroom sign on my fridge…nails and screws into insulated metal covering electric wires are not good. So I came up with the “Sign Collectors Freezer Saddle”. I have posted three pics of the finished product…and I wandered what innovated ways others have robbed the sign/garage wall space equation?

Steve

Attached picture 2F18C35F-A474-4867-AA3B-5D060A420CED.jpeg
Attached picture 62AB0508-A22E-4AE7-BF12-8BF94D95A9FB.jpeg
Attached picture 0F544E3D-E91F-48A3-B2F2-C17A668ABCF1.jpeg
Posted By: RandyM Re: Out of Wall Space for Signs Idea - Thu Jun 23 2022 12:17 PM
Fantastic! I really like your creativity. Well done.
Posted By: Alex Re: Out of Wall Space for Signs Idea - Thu Jun 23 2022 04:24 PM
Very creative....I too, am about out of wall space as I took my signs down from hanging on the rafters and put them on the walls so they were more visible. I have been using magnets that you can buy at any hardware store so yo don't have to try to hit studs where the holes in the signs are. But, for lighter signs I am considering to start putting them flush to the ceiling. the "60 and 90 pound" magnets really hold well.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk