Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: NoName Ford Sign Real or Repro Help Please - Wed Jun 09 2021 07:40 PM
I picked this sign up and have tried finding information on it specifically if it's a repro or not.

The Genuine Parts letters are embossed and raised.
The Ford letters are not raised but dip into the sign, if that makes sense.
The texture is rough, magnet sticks and the rust looks genuine enough but honestly I have a hard time telling anymore.
Thanks in advance for any response and your time.

Attached picture 20210609_153122.jpg
Attached picture 20210609_153146.jpg
Attached picture 20210609_153223.jpg
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: Ford Sign Real or Repro Help Please - Wed Jun 09 2021 09:11 PM
Any sign made "under license" is for decorative use.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Ford Sign Real or Repro Help Please - Wed Jun 09 2021 09:13 PM
The small lettering at the bottom edge says, "Trademark used under license from Ford Motor Company"
This signifies that a third party made the sign outside of the normal usage at Ford corporate and dealer locations. Signs at authorized Ford businesses would not use "licensed by" on them. So this would signify that it was made to sell on the secondary decorator market.
Posted By: NoName Re: Ford Sign Real or Repro Help Please - Wed Jun 09 2021 09:17 PM
Thank you both for your replies. That was where all signs were leading but I wanted to make sure.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk