Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Paul Bell Neon Firestone and Neon OK Chevy Used Car Sign!!! - Mon Mar 01 2021 05:57 AM
Here's an animated neon sign we just finished up. Started with the USED CAR section and rebuilt the sign from there. New OK section, top/bottom paneling, and neon. Spent a lot of time figuring out the correct neon colors and layout. Installed five transformers, one a flasher for the OK lettering. Happy with how it came out but a lot of work on this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBY0f2mpuJQ

Attached picture 1.JPG
Attached picture 2.JPG
Attached picture 3.JPG
Attached picture 4.JPG
Firestone sign now neonized too, just finished up with new neon lettering. Two transformers on this, using as much of the original set-up as possible. 12 foot sign.

Attached picture IMG_0136.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0121.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0132.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0127.JPG
OK neon came out great - very desirable sign .. ... cool
Wow! Very nice, keep up the good work.
Great Job and I am sure there will be those who snicker at the OK, rebuild. This is just outstanding and would be great in anyone's garage or collection. We did the same years ago and people would just say that it was not original. I think it is great.
Originally Posted by Craig Osbeck
Great Job and I am sure there will be those who snicker at the OK, rebuild. This is just outstanding and would be great in anyone's garage or collection. We did the same years ago and people would just say that it was not original. I think it is great.

Thanks Craig, I really like how it came out. I wish we had the "OK" section, but just not available to us unfortunately. It would have been a whole lot easier to do! My original thought was that if he ever finds an original OK circle, speaking of the client I did this for, he could swap it out sometime in the future. But. after doing the sign, it was so much work really no way that'll ever happen. I think you do the best you can with what you have and just be careful not to misrepresent it. 2/3 of the sign is still original, which is pretty cool I think.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk