Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: BA TRAMP OIL GM Delco round Thermometer - Canada Neon-Ray Co - Sun Aug 16 2020 02:39 PM
Picked up this nice working thermo "Canada Neon-Ray Co. MADE IN USA"

Is there an easy method to open these up to clean the glass lense? There appears to be a very fine seam but not sure if I'm just seeing things or not. If there is no easy or safe way to open, then it will stay the way it is.

Attached picture GM Delco round Thermometer-1.jpg
that is a sealed unit & is best too leave as is.. ... cool
Thanks Randy! It still displays well. Don't see many of these.
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: GM Delco round Thermometer - Canada Neon-Ray Co - Sun Aug 16 2020 05:28 PM
What a nice addition to your collection, Terry. As you note....a thermometer that's not seen very often, especially here in the lower 48. Love that GM logo at the bottom. Take care. John
Thanks John! My wife wanted a large thermostat she could see in the garage. Now she's happy! smile
Posted By: Sgoldie Re: GM Delco round Thermometer - Canada Neon-Ray Co - Sun Aug 16 2020 11:07 PM
You should join the Pam Clocks and Thermometers group on Facebook, there is a guy on there who can replace glass lenses with supposedly near perfect results. I believe it involves bending the metal edges around the glass back with a popsicle stick. I've replaced glass on Pam style thermometers with this method and had less than perfect results, but better than broken glass. For cleaning, I've dumped a bunch of Windex through the small slit in the back (for Pam thermometers) and it will pool at the bottom and flow through to the front where you can shift it around to somewhat clean. It's hard to tell from the pic whether you just have collected dirt at the bottom or more permanent imperfections, but it won't hurt to try.
Posted By: Johnay Re: GM Delco round Thermometer - Canada Neon-Ray Co - Tue Aug 18 2020 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by BA TRAMP OIL
Thanks Randy! It still displays well. Don't see many of these.

Nice Thermometer. We see them up here as they were for the Canadian market. Here's mine also my clock

Attached picture 100_3532.JPG
Attached picture 100_3471.JPG
that clock is killer .. ... cool
John, great clock! It is easy to love the early Canadian GM advertising: thermometers, clocks, signs, etc. with the maple leaf in the background. It just adds a visual interest to what would be a rather boring two letter logo. Cheers, Don.

Attached picture IMG_9288.JPG
Attached picture IMG_9281.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk