Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: gasserdan erie ad glass - Tue May 28 2019 03:17 AM
Would anyone happen to have a picture of the back of the door of a erie 743? Specifically the ad glass. I cannot figure out how to attach the ad glass to the frame. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Smoketree Re: erie ad glass - Wed May 29 2019 04:18 AM
I can't really help, because my 743 doesn't have ad glass in it yet. It's my understanding that you put glass in the same way you would put glass in most other pumps -- using rubber with a channel on each side. What's different about the 743 is the shape of the ad glass, and I don't know of any source for that. I'm planning to find a piece of ad glass that is just a little too big, then cutting it down to size. Of course, with those those strange angles and round corners, we can't use the score-and-snap method. Perhaps cutting with diamond tools in a Dremel would work. I hope someone chimes in who has put ad glass in one of these pumps before.
Posted By: nochevys Re: erie ad glass - Wed May 29 2019 10:45 AM
you use rubber to install the ad glass. I used pieces to install instead of trying to make the curves. I left the ad glass corners exposed on both top corners instead of trimming the glass, its hidden behind the door anyways. Unfortunately I no longer have the pump to take a picture. Vics and most other suppliers have the window rubber available...
Posted By: cggas Re: erie ad glass - Wed May 29 2019 11:37 AM

I did the same as nochevys
Posted By: Smoketree Re: erie ad glass - Wed May 29 2019 02:14 PM
Thanks to Tom and Chris for the info.
Posted By: gasserdan Re: erie ad glass - Thu May 30 2019 04:43 AM
I will give that a try. Thanks so much.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk