Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: TheAmateur McColl-Frontenac Products SSP 72" Sign - Sat Jul 29 2017 02:38 AM
Hey Everyone,

I acquired this baby a couple months back and finally got it home. Looks like someone drove over it but it survived the scrap pile! One of the reasons I had to have this piece (other than the fact that it’s a Red Indian) is that it is a 72” single sided. Has anyone seen or know of any single sided 72” Red Indian signs? I know Wes has one but does anyone know of any others? I always thought the 72” were all double sided but apparently not.

Attached picture McColl-Frontenac Products SSP 72 Inch Sign 1A.jpg
Attached picture McColl-Frontenac Products SSP 72 Inch Sign 9A.jpg
Posted By: KL Bird Re: McColl-Frontenac Products SSP 72" Sign - Sat Jul 29 2017 04:29 AM
Hi Truman, a co-worker has a 72 inch single sided sign like yours, it came out of his dad's old gas station/Dodge dealership out of Duck Lake where Glen Scrimshaw is located now. It's a fairly decent sign, his dad had it face down in the back yard and had all his scrap iron on top of it for some 40+ years.
Ken.
Posted By: TheAmateur Re: McColl-Frontenac Products SSP 72" Sign - Sat Jul 29 2017 03:56 PM
Hey Ken,

I know where you're talking about, cool find! My understanding is that the double sided 72" were lollipop signs that you could see from either direction. I'm assuming the single sided ones were just exterior wall hangers?
Posted By: KL Bird Re: McColl-Frontenac Products SSP 72" Sign - Sat Jul 29 2017 11:24 PM
That could very well be Truman, they could also be 2 separate signs together in a ring. Some of the Red Indian/McColl-Frontenac experts will know for sure.
Ken.
Posted By: canadianoilguy Re: McColl-Frontenac Products SSP 72" Sign - Wed Aug 09 2017 04:42 PM
I own/ have owned 2 single sided 6 footers. great sign!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk