Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Don Beaver It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Mon Apr 17 2017 03:46 PM
Woke up at 3:20 AM to find this happening less that 75 feet away from our building. Fire Video by My wife Lynn

Attached picture 2017-04-17 04.17.jpg
Posted By: BrianH Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Mon Apr 17 2017 03:53 PM
Glad you guys are safe! That is too close.

Brian H
Posted By: Don Beaver Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Mon Apr 17 2017 03:59 PM
Thanks Brian you are not kidding. Not a great way to wake up at 3 am with my wife yelling the building is on fire. Thankfully it was not our building.
Yikes! Glad to hear everything is OK for you guys! Sorry about your neighbor.
Posted By: hornsrus Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Mon Apr 17 2017 04:22 PM
to close would give me hart attack. glad you ok. charley
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Mon Apr 17 2017 04:23 PM
Wow! I guess it was close! Glad everything is A-OK!
Posted By: advertologist Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Mon Apr 17 2017 04:35 PM
too close, glad all is well .. ... cool
Posted By: RandyM Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Mon Apr 17 2017 04:55 PM
WOW!
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Mon Apr 17 2017 05:09 PM
Fire sale.

...too soon?
Glad to hear you are safe and sound. Definitely too close for comfort. Hope no one was hurt fighting the fire.
Posted By: Don Beaver Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Mon Apr 17 2017 06:39 PM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes!! We had been talking to the building owner where the fire took place about purchasing the building guess that is out of the question now. Not a bad idea Rick on the fire sale. Has planned on having another sale this week since the last one worked out so well. I will post more info about the sale soon.
Posted By: Don Beaver Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Mon Apr 17 2017 06:42 PM
The front of the burnt building just collapsed and fell on to the main street of town. Glad they had it fenced off so one was near the falling bricks.
Posted By: Done4 Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Mon Apr 17 2017 07:52 PM
Glad you're ok and safe. We lost one our properties years ago to fire, terrifying and the clean up was just as bad.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Mon Apr 17 2017 10:27 PM
Thankful they controlled it so it didn't get to your building, Don. Wow!
Posted By: redindianguy Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Mon Apr 17 2017 11:12 PM
way to close scary
Posted By: spencer Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Tue Apr 18 2017 01:09 AM
Wow, glad you guys are all right. Hope he had insurance.
Posted By: pickurt Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Tue Apr 18 2017 03:27 PM
Scary stuff, to close for comfort.

Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Thu Apr 20 2017 01:04 AM
Wow! Thats a scary feeling. I know first hand. Our truss plant where I work burnt to the ground in March 2015
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Thu Apr 20 2017 05:59 AM
Hand in there Don, sometimes things like this turn out to be beneficial for the guy next store.

Jack Sim
Posted By: garyh Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Fri Apr 21 2017 06:05 AM
That was Wicked Close!
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: It was a close call for Vic's this morning!! - Fri Apr 21 2017 11:55 AM
too close for comfort, for sure. Glad Vic's is safe, and hope for the best for all involved.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk