Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: tbert1 Bowser 575 & 585 glass trim screws - Sun Nov 20 2016 10:58 PM
I have a question concerning the screws that hold the glass trim on the door of a Bowser 575 and a 585.
I have some of the original screws that hold the trim/glass but am need some new ones to replace ones that are missing. I have tried taking a original one to the big box stores to match it up with no luck. I have also tried Fastenal. I have tried a regular sheet metal screw of the same length but it tapers to much at the end to grab ahold to the trim.
My question is what have you guys doing Bowser pumps done for these screws and where did you get them? Thanks.

Mike
Posted By: tbuckles Re: Bowser 575 & 585 glass trim screws - Mon Nov 21 2016 01:19 AM
You use the new screws you bought and grind the tip off to get down to the fatter part, also the point of the screw that you just ground off won't poke thru the trim.
Tom
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Bowser 575 & 585 glass trim screws - Mon Nov 21 2016 01:21 AM
I've taken longer screws and then cut them shorter to length with a cut off wheel. Finish the thread slight taper to assist with getting the thread started.

Make sure they are not too long or they will put a dent in the moulding from inside out.
Posted By: KL Bird Re: Bowser 575 & 585 glass trim screws - Mon Nov 21 2016 01:49 AM
Yep, I've done the same as Tom and Dave, works good.
Ken.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk