Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Joe13 50's era operating Sinclair station in MN - Sat Nov 19 2016 04:11 AM
Hi, long time forum reader, first time poster here.

I see some recent Sinclair related posts, and I've wanted to share a classic station near me for a while. Tried posting a pic, we'll see how that went....

It is located in the City of Champlin, MN. It has been operating as a Sinclair since the 30's the current building is from the 50's. It has a modern pump island and canopy, but the building exterior looks pretty original.
-Original large neon Sinclair sign on roof, still lit up at night
-Still Full service
-Still has auto repair/service
-Dino out front that dresses up for different occasions/holidays

They have a website if you google "Champlin Sinclair" They have a few photos and a bit of history. (would have posted a link, but I wouldn't click a link from a first time poster, and neither should you)

Thought some of you would enjoy knowing about this neat little station, I drive by it quite often.

A note about me:
I've been reading on here for years. Right now I'm more of an admirer of petroliana and oil company history than a collector, although I have been wanting to start a small globe collection, I think that fits my interests and financial situation the best. I have always had a fascination with logos, signs, advertising, neon etc. Gas station items really draw me in, and have since I was a kid. I bought the guide to gasoline logos many years ago, I can still flip through, look at old logos and read the related info for hours.
Anyway, I've learned so much from reading all the posts here, I figured I would finally join the fun.

Thanks!

-Joe

Description: champlin sinclair
Attached picture sinclair10.jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: 50's era operating Sinclair station in MN - Sat Nov 19 2016 08:57 AM
.. ... cool

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/53662
Posted By: Done4 Re: 50's era operating Sinclair station in MN - Sat Nov 19 2016 01:48 PM
Thanks Joe, it's great to see a "real" gas station as it should be. Glad you shared.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: 50's era operating Sinclair station in MN - Sat Nov 19 2016 02:34 PM
Awesome...Thanks for posting!
Posted By: Nicole Re: 50's era operating Sinclair station in MN - Sat Nov 19 2016 11:29 PM
Nice...

I bet if they do a 'Santa' dino, that would make a cool Christmas Card.
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: 50's era operating Sinclair station in MN - Sun Nov 20 2016 04:28 AM
Thanks for sharing. The next time I head back to Wisconsin to visit family I'll have make a detour to check this station out. It looks like the one my neighbor owned when I was a kid growing up in Illinois.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk