Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: K W FRITH Seller Packaging! - Wed Jun 22 2016 06:02 PM
One of my pet peeves is poor packaging when I paid good cash for something I really wanted! It seems that some sellers forget that the responsibility to get the item to the buyer in the condition sold, belongs with the seller!
I had one of my best experiences ever this weekend and I thought I should highlight the efforts this seller went thru to make sure my purchase arrived safely.
I had purchased two very nice oil cans that were still full, from Ron Hart (rjhart123 on Old Gas), and when they arrived, I was anxious to give them a good hands on examination! They were shipped in a fairly large box, so I felt pretty confident that they were well insulated against damage. After cutting the outer packing tape, I was totally surprised to find that my cans were double boxed and very well insulated against rough handling. The two smaller, inner boxes, each held one can that was wrapped in protective material and again wrapped with heavy cardboard, and packed so as to not be bouncing around while transported!
Super packing job from someone that cares about what he is selling, and wants to make sure the customer gets what he paid for! Its this kind of action that sticks in my mind, and keeps me from hesitating when the seller has another item for sale! I just wanted everyone to know about the extra care that Ron took when packaging my purchase, and to publically thank him for his efforts! Thanks again RON!

Attached picture Packing.jpg
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Seller Packaging! - Wed Jun 22 2016 06:24 PM
Awesome JOB!
Posted By: advertologist Re: Seller Packaging! - Wed Jun 22 2016 06:49 PM
the right way too ship .. ... cool
Posted By: trifiver Re: Seller Packaging! - Wed Jun 22 2016 06:54 PM
I have bought some globes from Ron
All I can say is first Class ,

all of them could have been dropped out of a plane and still be safe !

Thanks Sid
Posted By: Let er' Buck Re: Seller Packaging! - Thu Jun 23 2016 10:33 PM
Agreed,
I to bought a can from Ron and the packaging was superb and first class!!
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Seller Packaging! - Fri Jun 24 2016 02:01 AM
That is how to pack!!
Posted By: veltex Re: Seller Packaging! - Sun Jun 26 2016 12:14 PM
Originally Posted By bsplichal95
That is how to pack!!

+1
Posted By: Rjhart123 Re: Seller Packaging! - Sun Jun 26 2016 05:37 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments! I try to pack everything very well, even I had a bad experience last week. I sold a mint 42" Pontiac sign and i shipped it via fed ex. I have shipped several signs and this one fed ex must have throw it out a plane or something anyhow it got damaged and I feel horrible for my buddy. I filed a claim I hope they take care of it. Anyhow I want stuff to show up safe to me so I take the time to package everything I sell carefully, especially full oil cans there almost like shipping a globe. They can get dented very easily.
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: Seller Packaging! - Tue Jun 28 2016 11:55 PM
I love this guy,knows what the hell he`s doing..
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Seller Packaging! - Wed Jun 29 2016 04:12 AM
I got a full oil can yesterday that was packed just like yours.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk