Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Steven C. Lubester weight? Anyone ever ship one? - Tue Jan 12 2016 08:34 AM
Can anyone tell me what this would weigh?
Any recommendations on how to ship one? Does it have to be crated or can they just take it like it is? Well I doubt they will do that given how dirty it is. Maybe wrap it in cardboard just to keep things clean?

Thanks for any help!

Attached picture 00101_5JVdPUR3J1W_600x450.jpg
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Lubester weight? Anyone ever ship one? - Wed Jan 13 2016 07:01 PM
Don't know who made your pump but similiar Bennett pumps weight:

60 gal. - 116 lbs.

30 gal. - 78 lbs.

16 gal. - 41 lbs.

Jack Sim
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Lubester weight? Anyone ever ship one? - Wed Jan 13 2016 11:42 PM
Thanks Jack!!!
Wow, more than I thought!!
FWIW, here is the tag/sticker on the pump.

Attached picture image2.jpeg
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Lubester weight? Anyone ever ship one? - Mon Jan 18 2016 11:54 PM
Just thought I would put a cap on this posting for those searching this type info in the future.
The lubester weighed in at 80 lbs on the nose, and UPS shipping from a mid state New York UPS facility to my front door just north of Detroit, $81. Seemed like a great deal to me!!
Very excited!! Can't wait for it to arrive!! All original Sunoco with a very nice sign to boot!!
And like everyone else, of course I wont say what I paid. But I know the seller was very happy in that I paid him $60 more than he was asking, and even with that, I just about got the sign for free. So I was very happy!! grin
It's fun to get a good deal on a piece!

Attached picture image1.jpg
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Lubester weight? Anyone ever ship one? - Tue Jan 19 2016 02:58 AM
Nice find , nothing like the old Sunoco always one of my favorites .
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Lubester weight? Anyone ever ship one? - Tue Jan 19 2016 08:11 AM
Very hard to read the ID tag above, please post here what the ID states. I will post all the info I have for your unit if I can get the details that are on the ID tag.

Jack Sim
Posted By: Done4 Re: Lubester weight? Anyone ever ship one? - Tue Jan 19 2016 01:18 PM
Way to go Steve. Boom!
Posted By: BryceG Re: Lubester weight? Anyone ever ship one? - Tue Jan 19 2016 01:44 PM
that's awesome to find those signs still attached. congrats
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Lubester weight? Anyone ever ship one? - Tue Jan 19 2016 04:01 PM
Thanks guys,
The guy bought a house from the late 1800's and this was in a small shed on the property that he planned to tear down. So he wasn't a collector at all and just wanted it gone and put a few bucks in his pocket.
Posted By: bobp73 Re: Lubester weight? Anyone ever ship one? - Wed Jan 20 2016 02:59 PM
I have heard Fastenal stores are doing very reasonable shipping store to store. I haven't personally used them, but have talked with guys who have and with great results.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Lubester weight? Anyone ever ship one? - Wed Jan 20 2016 10:00 PM
Jack, This is as good a pic as I can get. But from what I can see, it says "Merit" in big letters, Erie Meter Systems under it. Erie in a red diamond at the top. From Erie, Pa.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Attached picture lubester II (2).jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk