Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
oldpumpjack, Wasatch Man
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by olddutchgas
olddutchgas
Hi Everyone!

Tonight is the official start of Globe of the Month. If you did not already know there have been a few minor changes. Aaron and myself are the new hosts and we will be switching to a bi-monthly format. We have been collecting globes and pictures of globes for over 20 years. With everyones help we feel we can keep the post fresh for two months.

The topic for January/February is going to be "your first globe". Obviously this is a topic that anyone with one globe or more can contribute to! One of the things we would like to see is more people involved in the topic. If you no longer have your first globe then post a picture of the globe that you have owned the longest. If possible post a picture of yourself with your globe, that way we can put some faces with the names we see here. Hopefully that part of the feature won't scare to many people off!

If you want you can post a few sentences about what led you to make that first purchase. Every collection out there, no matter how large started with first purchase. Lets have some fun with this!

Thanks for your participation!

Lonnie Hop
Liked Replies
by Gasman84470
Gasman84470
Originally Posted by olddutchgas
Hi Guys;
Looks like this post has run its course. If anyone has not gotten around to posting their first globe but would still like to, please feel free to go ahead and do so! Thanks to everone who contributed!

Lonnie
So I stumbled upon this thread and thought it might be worth resuscitation some 13 years later. We have a lot of members who joined since that last post, me included. So here is my first. I wasn't going to get into globes. They were a bit too high end for me but soon found them to be easy to clean, display and when lit up they are really a great piece of advertising artwork. So I wanted something local to where I grew up in Winnipeg MB. And this is what Minuteman sold me, it was in fine form no cleaning required as good as new. And was from a local company whose refinery was just down the road from where we once lived. Perfect start. Just one fault it was one lens. 5 years later I found the other side for the whole globe. Well I am into it now with 35 globes including repops of impossible to get original globes. They are like all things petrolania, they are very addictive
Attached Images
2 members like this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved