Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
advertologist, garyh, hawkike, Jolly-John, RandyM, RetroPetro, Rocadog, Shellubrication, Wasatch Man
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Shellubrication
Shellubrication
Richmond Auctions Two Day No Reserve Sale

Dates: August 26th & 27th - 11 AM each day

Bidding: In person, online via bid.RichmondAuctions.com, or by phone.

Jordan Richmond
jordan@richmondauctions.com
(864) 382-1302

Seth Meredith
seth@richmondauctions.com
(336) 382-6313

Catalog Link: Day 1 - Agriculture, Tractor & Petroliana
Catalog Link: Day 2 - Petroliana, Automobilia & General Advertising
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by Ohio Oil
Ohio Oil
Originally Posted by carolinaskies
The average American isn't stupid enough to drop real money on signs, and never has been.

I've dropped real money on signs, I'm average, and don't think I'm stupid. Usually the people doing the most complaining are jealous.

I'm happy to live in America where I can spend my money making my shop a happy place to hang out. And...I think it's great when people use their money, regardless of amount, to buy what makes them happy too.
4 members like this
by Wasatch Man
Wasatch Man
Originally Posted by Ohio Oil
Originally Posted by carolinaskies
The average American isn't stupid enough to drop real money on signs, and never has been.

I've dropped real money on signs, I'm average, and don't think I'm stupid. Usually the people doing the most complaining are jealous.

I'm happy to live in America where I can spend my money making my shop a happy place to hang out. And...I think it's great when people use their money, regardless of amount, to buy what makes them happy too.
I agree totally with Ohio oil and would ad that I've always looked at my collection as art and beauty.
4 members like this
by Shellubrication
Shellubrication
A few more...
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by hawkike
hawkike
App.forty years ago i found an AEROSHELL sign like the one pictured on the auction.It came from an old Shell station in N.Ca. It is a 3 piece sign app.10' ft.long.

The one i had was fastened to a piece of redwood. Had it for some time,went to a collector in Chicago.

At the time i needed the cash more than the sign!
1 member likes this
by advertologist
advertologist
some (pre - auction) bids .. ... cool
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by hawkike
hawkike
Where are the high rollers,hardly worth messing with for that paltry sum!!!

I went to Starbucks instead of bidding!!!
1 member likes this
by redmike
redmike
Back in '97 when I bought my first sign this hobby was great and alot of fun. Then money guys got involved and ruined it for the average person. Seriously, 1.3 million for a Musgo sign is just STUPID!! Just my opinion!
1 member likes this
by 66phillips
66phillips
If my daughter-in-law was reading these posts she would say "Do you want some cheese with your whine". I've been in this hobby for nearly 30 years and there's always been wealthy people in it. There's more now because there many more wealthy people in the world. When I started you could buy a nice Musgo for 20k, Beacon for 3k and 5' Idaho chief's for 1k. Most of us couldn't afford them then, but the wealthy collectors could and they built great collections. If you can't pay cash for a 50k sign drive a used truck and borrow to buy the sign. You'll end up 30 years from now a wealthy person.
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved