advertologist
how old are you ? - vote - .. ... cool

poll too run thru end of Jan. 31st
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by advertologist
advertologist
Originally Posted by BrianH
A couple of reasons for that could be 1) there may be fewer young people getting into the hobby or 2) the demographic on Oldgas is shifting because more young people are using Facebook as their social media app for Petroliana rather than Oldgas. Oldgas is truly starting to live up to it's name!

3) economics .. ... cool
1 member likes this
by Tim73
Tim73
I feel like the prices this stuff is bringing has a lot to do with the ages of collectors. I love this stuff but I cant spend the crazy money. But it doesnt cost anything to look.
1 member likes this
by red_green17
red_green17
Thats my situation. Mid 30s and have collected a bit over the last 15 years. But at this stage have a family started and time/money just isn't there for making big purchases. As it is, I have been at restoring my pump for over 2 years now and cost is a big factor (although surprisingly finding someone to do the paint work I can't do also is a stumbling block). I'd love that nice vintage 50/60s clamshell Shell sign or an oil can rack, etc but I don't have the $500+ I need to buy in on those things.
That said as I age, I fully expect to collect more, take time to go to swap meets and sales (as he gets old enough, probably take my son along too!) and in general just put more money and time behind the hobby. My hope is that there will be enough of us to keep the tradition on here going!
1 member likes this
by BrianH
BrianH
Interesting stats....it mostly looks like everyone collecting 10 years ago still is. They just got 10 years older. The only concerning stat is that the "under 40" crowd went from 30% in 2011 to 12% in 2021. A couple of reasons for that could be 1) there may be fewer young people getting into the hobby or 2) the demographic on Oldgas is shifting because more young people are using Facebook as their social media app for Petroliana rather than Oldgas. I kind of think it's more of the latter than the former. Oldgas is truly starting to live up to it's name!
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved