Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
hawkike, huskybob, Oldgas, RetroPetro, Rocadog, Wasatch Man
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Oldgas
Oldgas
Let's see your pictures of petro scenes you come across in your travels. Old gas stations that are still around along with old car dealerships, auto repair garages and other petro sights.

We just got back from a road trip along the southern shore of Lake Superior. Here are a few shots I saw on the back roads of western U.P. Michigan and northern Wisconsin.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by Oldgas
Oldgas
Old car dealership building on a steep mountainside in the copper mining town of Jerome, Arizona. The vintage photo shows a wooden ramp that took cars to a basement service department. The antique car elevator holding a 1936 Plymouth was used in this building to lower cars to a sub-basement auto service level. I love the old car front and rear clips on a pole in front of the building.

The building now houses several antique dealers, a music shop, a steampunk art vendor and the town post office. After the copper mine closed down in the 1950s, the town now hangs on as a cool tourist destination.
Attached Images
2 members like this
by Oldgas
Oldgas
I've noticed a vacant porcelain panel gas station on a main street in Verona, Wisconsin in recent years. I had hoped that the old building wouldn't get torn down. Last week when I passed by I was happy to see that it was all fixed up into a coffee, ice cream cafe joint called "Icki Sticki."
Attached Images
2 members like this
by RetroPetro
RetroPetro
Attached Images
2 members like this
by JackJ
JackJ
[Linked Image]

We did a "Home Town" vacation this year and I came across this station in a small town in Kansas. I was shooting a photo of the island lights when Lowel came out and asked what I was doing. After a bit of chatting, we realized our grandfathers were brothers so he relaxed. He said, "Lots of folks come by here and try to steal my stuff." Turns out it used to be a Skelly Station and he collects Skelly stuff. I later found out that he gives full service to the widows in town. I wouldn't have guessed that the pumps still worked, but I guess they do. - Jack J.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Attached Images
2 members like this
by RetroPetro
RetroPetro
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by Oldgas
Oldgas
Old gas station in Jerome, AZ. Now a store.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by Mark8216
Mark8216
I drove by this station today. Panhandle Gas Station in Plainview, Tx. You have to look closely at the front panel of the canopy but PANHANDLE is there.
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved