Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
advertologist, AlbertaNorthStar, It's for sale, RandyM
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#761727 03/14/2021 9:41 PM
by Bass Master
Bass Master
Good afternoon, I have a question for you guys, Does anyone have a picture, sign, or decal of a Blackhawk Ethyl?
I bought a National B-38 yesterday, and from what I can make out is a decal on the front that says Blackhawk Ethyl.
But I can't make anything else out. Did a search and have not been able to find anything really, did find a picture
in the archives of OG of a Blackhawk gas globe but does not look like what is on the decal. Thanks for any help!!
Brian
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#762358 Mar 31st a 02:17 PM
by T-way
T-way
Brian did a rubbing of his original decal remnants.

He also carefully sanded off the overlaying paint to reveal the colors underneath.

Then I did a tracing of his rubbing, scanned it into the computer and recreated the decal as close as I could.

Here is the final product.

Later . . .

Jim
Attached Images
4 members like this
#762571 Apr 6th a 02:31 PM
by T-way
T-way
Since Feldman used an 'Indianhead' image on the other items we found online - I mocked up a 'REGULAR' version just for fun.

I used the Ethyl lettering as a guide to create the 'REGULAR' lettering for this image and created a (much) nicer 'head' logo for the center than what was shown on the web.

As I mentioned, this was just me making a fantasy image based on a real company.

Later . . .

Jim
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved