Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
Oldgas
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#757118 11/15/2020 10:24 PM
by Oldgas
Oldgas
This past week marked the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald in Lake Superior 45 years ago on November 10, 1075. As the Gordon Lightfoot song tells the tale, she went down off Whitefish Point in a massive storm. I've watched the big ore carriers go through the Soo Locks and the Duluth Canal. They are very impressive. The museum at Whitefish Point is a must-see experience if you are in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

[Linked Image]

Edmund Fitzgerald

[Linked Image]

We saw the Arthur Anderson enter the Duluth Canal in 2016. She was the last ship in contact with "The Fitz" on that fateful night in 1975 and was the first on the scene.

[Linked Image]

The Arthur Anderson in Duluth Harbor 2016.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by Steven C.
Steven C.
As a kid I used to visit my great uncle who lived right on the St Clair River. Loved watching the lake boats go by and finding their stack's in his I.D. book.
I love the Fitz. This hangs in my living room!!
Last year in October I was at Mackinac Island and saw the Arthur M. Anderson go by. I was freaking out!! I was so happy to have seen it in my life. The people I was with had no idea! They didn't get it. The Anderson was behind the Fitz and the last boat to see the Fitzgerald afloat.
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved