Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
buzzy56, Oldgas, RandyM
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#756334 10/24/2020 3:12 AM
by MATT ALVAREZ
MATT ALVAREZ
This is my Wayne 71 that was built from a couple Wayne 70s and reproduction Wayne 71 parts. I built the inside parts to make it look like an original pump but not exactly like a 71. I did get help from an oldgasser with the computer brackets. They are recasts of originals. The first pictures are of the outside. I will post insides later.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#756505 Oct 27th a 04:53 AM
by MATT ALVAREZ
MATT ALVAREZ
Attached Images
2 members like this
#756365 Oct 24th a 04:11 PM
by MATT ALVAREZ
MATT ALVAREZ
Here are some inside pictures. The inner top and light manifold were custom built. I will post pictures of them later. A couple reset shafts were welded together so the computer can be reset with the crank. This project was fun and a pain in the a$$ at the same time. If I had an original 71 to look at the inside it would have went a lot smoother. I ended up having to redo some thins because I was winging it as I went.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#756756 Nov 3rd a 03:41 AM
by MATT ALVAREZ
MATT ALVAREZ
The base, where the project started and almost ended. I figured out how long it needed to be and did my cuts on the two cast iron bases I had. I got a surprise when I put the two pieces together. The bases were two different widths. One was 17 inches and the other one was 16 5/8 inches. I almost scrapped the project but decided the see if I could bend it and make it work. I used a couple friction jacks, one to squeeze and the other to spread until the two halves lined up. It was then welded and finished off.
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved