Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
jeanseb66
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#753924 08/29/2020 7:36 PM
by jeanseb66
jeanseb66
Hi Guys, I will need the knowledges from the Red Indian Collectors on this forum!! I have been proposed this sign, a plaster/ciment sign, from the 30's. It has been repainted more than 30 years ago. The old man who own the sign told me it's in his family for more than 70years, it was on his dad's gas station. The story looks true, as he also offered me a calendar from the last year his dad owned the gas station, the name on the calendar is the same as his. I believe the guy, but when I check on the web, in the only rares pictures from the same kind of sign, the face is not exactly the same, the hairs are going over the headband, on this one the headband is over the hairs.... maybe it's because one is older than the other? Was there different version of the head?? Sorry for all the questions, I'm excited by the sign, but I don't want to buy any repro or non linked to the red indian brand. Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers. Jean
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by Gasman84470
Gasman84470
Jean here is a link to a previous discussion on a RI bust. The one you're considering was repainted at some time and looks like it has Chicago Blackhawk colours. You could PM the members on the discussion of that bust directly for more guidance.
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=467254
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved