Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
ClassicRocker, Gas Pump Rob, RetroPetro
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#753610 08/23/2020 2:06 AM
by ClassicRocker
ClassicRocker
I have an old National Model 90 pump with Apex double clockface. Metal is in really good shape and am thinking of professional restored. But who restores gas pumps? I live near the Illinois-Indiana state line in area of Lafayette, Indiana to Champaign, Illinois. Indianapolis area to Chicago area would be considered as well. Thanks in advance.
Liked Replies
#753744 Aug 25th a 07:58 PM
by Heber Richins
Heber Richins
I restored my first and only pump, a 1950 Gilbarco 996 Gas Pump.. took me a couple years, but i was able to salvage most of the original parts, and it works now..
Attached Images
5 members like this
#753796 Aug 27th a 01:10 PM
by Stephenwarren30
Stephenwarren30
Hey Jim...you would be surprised what you can do on your own. I wanted to do it all myself. I worked on a MS 80 for about 6 months when I had free time. Turned out ok for an amateur restoration.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#753633 Aug 23rd a 07:57 PM
by keithia
keithia
You might have your local GOOD body shop do the painting for it. That is what I have done and I do the rest of the work myself.
1 member likes this
#753842 Aug 28th a 09:39 AM
by Paul Bell
Paul Bell
My father and I restore pumps, we are near the Green Bay WI area. Click the Facebook link below to see work we’ve done if your interested. Paul

https://facebook.com/roadrash/
1 member likes this
#753798 Aug 27th a 02:23 PM
by Wrench man
Wrench man
GAV's in Vincennes Indiana restores gas pumps. I've been in his shop a couple of times and his work seems pretty good although he has never done anything for me personally. His number is 765-586-4539
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved