Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
Gasman84470, RandyM, Turbo
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#750635 06/20/2020 5:48 AM
by Turbo
Turbo
Hello ,

I am new to the site and enjoy reading comments. I bought a Bennett 756 about a year ago and completely bead blasted, got rid of all rust , powder coated and painted everything. Willing to share photos and process. My question is this......The only thing left to put back on the pump is the front and rear door. I cannot figure this out. Anyone have pictures of the alignment of the door hinges? The doors don't want to go back on properly. I am stuck on this last 15 minute job. Any help would be appreciated.
Liked Replies
#750896 Jun 25th a 10:30 PM
by Turbo
Turbo
Ok. All done with new pins and hinges. Looks great. Thanks all for your comments and pictures.

Bill
Attached Images
2 members like this
#750658 Jun 20th a 09:34 PM
by Gasman84470
Gasman84470
Hey while you're a bit unhinged at the moment welcome to Old Gas. And I am sure it will all be done in the 15" minutes you thought it would take.
1 member likes this
#750657 Jun 20th a 09:15 PM
by gatorgaspumps
gatorgaspumps
It's been a while since I put a 756 together and there was something about those hinges and pins that are different than the other Bennett pumps. If I remember correctly there is a hinge stop on the hinge that only lets the door open so far. If I remember correctly the hinges had to been open half way and the door Parallel to the pump and then put on the hinges. I could be wrong. I had to take a hinge off and try it on the door to figure it out. Richard
1 member likes this
#750655 Jun 20th a 08:10 PM
by SloDave
SloDave
Sounds like a nice project comming together.
Patience plays huge on installing and fitting the doors.
If it isn’t going right walk away and come back later.
Dave
1 member likes this
#750897 Jun 26th a 12:11 AM
by fuelboy
fuelboy
Nice job, looks good!
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved