Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
advertologist, Gasman84470, henlovestoys, Oldgas, RandyM, RedHat, SandPCollector
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#748343 05/08/2020 4:27 AM
by gatorgaspumps
gatorgaspumps
In this day of social distancing and no swap meets I thought I would take you on a tour of my pump collection. There are no duplicate pumps.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#748346 May 8th a 04:32 AM
by gatorgaspumps
gatorgaspumps
c
Attached Images
2 members like this
#748369 May 8th a 02:13 PM
by gatorgaspumps
gatorgaspumps
I've been collecting gas pumps for between 25-30 years. Back then the EPA shut down the farmers from pumping gas because their under ground tanks might be leaking. I bought a lot of pumps for scrap prices back then. I'm cheap and don't pay a lot for a gas pump. Collector friends will give me good deals on pumps they want to get rid of because they know I'm a collector and very seldom do I sell anything. There are two reasons I don't use hoses and nozzles on my pumps. The main reason is space. I can get more pumps in the room if I don't have hoses on them. The other reason is cost. I have 126 pumps in the room. I would rather buy another pump than spend the money on the hoses and nozzles. I restore the pumps in the winter months when I have the extra time. Richard
2 members like this
#748351 May 8th a 04:40 AM
by gatorgaspumps
gatorgaspumps
c
Attached Images
2 members like this
#748410 May 9th a 02:28 AM
by Rabbitman
Rabbitman
Awesome collection Richard. Some may say they like original crusty pumps and that's fine but give me a room full os shiny restored ones any day!
1 member likes this
#748344 May 8th a 04:30 AM
by gatorgaspumps
gatorgaspumps
continuation
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#748347 May 8th a 04:34 AM
by gatorgaspumps
gatorgaspumps
c
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#748348 May 8th a 04:37 AM
by gatorgaspumps
gatorgaspumps
c
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#748349 May 8th a 04:39 AM
by gatorgaspumps
gatorgaspumps
c
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#748458 May 10th a 02:26 PM
by Tom R.
Tom R.
When you consider the time to hunt down all of these pumps it is amazing. Then you have to take them apart and repair what’s damaged and locate what’s missing. Then reassemble to make sure it all fits together and adjust what doesn’t want to fit. Then figure out colors and paint layout and what gets plated or polished and get those pieces where they need to go and get them picked up. Then turn your attention to hours upon hours of preparation of lots of parts to get them ready for the paint to lay down with a perfect reflection. And finally devoting all your attention to CAREFULLY reassembling all these pieces so as to not disturb the perfect detail and finish you have devoted so much time to achieve. Stand back and admire what all your effort has achieved. Now- no time to rest, on to the next one- 125 more times!! Whenever I see a collection like this, I am awestruck and respectful of the ability and talent of the person that is on display before me. My hat is off to you sir, you have much to be proud of.
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved