Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
advertologist, Gasman84470, RetroPetro
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Done4
Done4
Mods if this is not approved please delete, thanks.

I hope we’re all doing the “stay in place” and doing well. I’ve been pretty much in the house with my wife as advised for three weeks now but near internal explosion. I had to go to the shop if only to smell some old gas. Good news it’s a short walk from the house, been in the house just trying to keep her company, that wore thin rather quickly, surprise! I find that my mental day clock is screwed up which I need to correct. Up really late and sleeping late. I’ve been sort of retired and have never had to deal with this?

I know this is a tough time but the correct thing to do. I only hope my fellow gas’ers are moving forward through this thing and we all come out on the other side.

So with all that said “stay in place”, may you be safe and can’t wait for next pump to save and enjoy.

Am I crazy, maybe but I’m not giving up and will just have to adjust at my old age, ain’t easy but I’m going for it!
Liked Replies
by Oldgas
Oldgas
Darin, I hope your Grandmother can make it though this OK. Such a helpless situation when you can know about it but not be able to do anything.

My wife and I are both doing fine. She has made three quilt tops during the shelter-in-place and that has kept her busy. After they are finished, our church ships out about 15+ quilts to missions in foreign countries each year.

I've been staying busy as well. That keeps us from annoying each other too much. I posted a couple of my activities in the "Coronavirus quarantine projects" topic in the Non-Petro section. I've been re-organizing stuff in my collection that has been packed away too long. Scanning some print items and putting them on my OldGarage.com Web site.

Doing lots of prep work for our town's food pantry. Our big monthly distribution is this weekend and we're expecting an increase in recipients because of all the unemployment. Been hustling up lots of good stuff from the Food Bank in the city and local donations. The process will be much different as we spread out volunteers for safe distancing and require clients to stay in their cars and drive through. I enjoy the challenge and just getting out of the house helping people.

[Linked Image]

This is what 900 dozen eggs and 200 gallons of milk look like in our cooler.
Attached Images
2 members like this
by Done4
Done4
Jim, thank you for what you are doing. We need people like you to succeed in this fight. Stay strong and safe.
1 member likes this
by Savinsam
Savinsam
Since I live out in the country, quarantine hasn't bothered me one bit. Cutting down dead trees, burning brush, got both vehicles cleaned and waxed (that never happened in the past), and got lawn mowers ready to go. I go to town once a week for groceries and drug store. Gas tank stays on full all of the time now.
We had some relatives come to "look in" on us to see if we were okay!
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved