Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
bennett_646, Big Block Cat, Cold Pizza, DuceCpe, DWSheffer, Gaspedler, henlovestoys, huskybob, nochevys, Oldgas, pasngas, RandyM, RedHat, Rocadog, Skydog, Speedracer, Wrench man
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#745620 03/24/2020 1:39 AM
by Oldgas
Oldgas
Installed the latest forum software upgrade today. Working on some details now.

You'll notice some differences here and there, improvements to the look, security and operation of the forum.

If you liked the old colors and layout, you can still go back by choosing the old style. Scroll down to nearly the bottom of the page to a small box that says "UBBT77" as shown in the screenshot below.
Click on that and choose "UBB Central - Zen" to go back to what it has been for a while. Or choose one of the other styles. UBBT77 and UBBT77-Dark are optimized to work best with the upgraded software.

[Linked Image]

If you'd like for your uploaded photos to display within your message, with your text above, below and between pictures as you prefer, read my new tutorial on how to use the new Embed Photo Attachments:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=745585

I'm also working on that annoying issue of sideways displaying photos. Supposed to be better now, but I may have to tweak it. Let me know by sending me a message using the "Contact" link near the top of this page if you have continued problems with sideways images. The new system won't turn around old images. In the mean time, remember you can use the temporary Rotate tool. Click on the sideways image. When it pops up with a darkened background, look for the circular arrow icon. Click it to turn the picture around 90 degrees for each click.

[Linked Image]

You can now login with your email address instead of your login user name.

If you're having trouble with something, please let me know by clicking on the "Contact" link near the top of forum pages or the "Report Post" feature shown below.

After the recent upgrade, there is now a drop-down menu in the upper right corner of each post.
Click on the little down-arrow icon next to the post number.

[Linked Image]

There you can select to:
Copy a link to the post to your clipboard
Share the post on Facebook
Email the post
Report Post to a moderator
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#745639 Mar 24th a 12:10 PM
by Oldgas
Oldgas
Members can now click a "Like" button to show they like a post without having to post a reply. The "Likes" will show at the bottom left of the post box.

Click on the "Like" button on the lower right corner of the post message box. Sorry, you can't like your own post. wink

[Linked Image]

(Non-clickable example of what to look for)
Attached Images
5 members like this
#745678 Mar 25th a 12:36 AM
by Oldgas
Oldgas
Originally Posted by hawkike
Jim,on non petro Dave Rowlisons post on road signs,tried the like several times. Thanks,Frank

I just clicked to like the post you mentioned, Frank. It went though OK and shows the like at the bottom left of that post.
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=745642#Post745642

The Like process is a little more tricky than it needs to be. You click on the Like button within the post. Then another page shows up and you have to click the Like button on that page as well to actually make it count. If you don't click on the second Like button, then the first one doesn't count. Yes, it's redundant and too complicated. Hopefully, they'll simplify that to one click in the next upgrade or patch.
4 members like this
#745644 Mar 24th a 02:26 PM
by RandyM
RandyM
Jim,

I know you are still working the details of the recent upgrade. Keep up the good work. It is greatly appreciated.

If it is at all possible, it would be appreciated to make the "Like" process just a one button click rather than two.
2 members like this
#745649 Mar 24th a 03:00 PM
by Oldgas
Oldgas
Originally Posted by RandyM
If it is at all possible, it would be appreciated to make the "Like" process just a one button click rather than two.

You've got that right. The software developer has heard about that from a lot of people. Hopefully improved in the next upgrade.
2 members like this
#745853 Mar 27th a 07:58 PM
by Oldgas
Oldgas
A new feature has been activated to enable viewing photos attached to posts in their full size.

Click on a photo within a post.
It will pop up in a "lightbox" that you can rotate with the circle-arrow icon.
There is now a new icon with a down-arrow to indicate download. This is handled differently on different browsers.
If you get a choice, indicate that you'd like to see it using your browser.
Then it will display in the full size that it was after it was uploaded, unless it is larger than your screen size.
Attached Images
2 members like this
#745695 Mar 25th a 02:56 AM
by hawkike
hawkike
Got it Jim! Thanks for being patient with this "old guy" on "old gas"!
1 member likes this
#745746 Mar 26th a 12:51 AM
by Oldgas
Oldgas
Originally Posted by Paul Bell
Looks real good, is it my imagination or is it faster loading now?

Yes, Paul, there should be an improvement in speed and stability. Much of the forum operating code has been optimized to have fewer lines and the server php software has been revised to the latest version.
1 member likes this
#745664 Mar 24th a 09:40 PM
by Wasatch Man
Wasatch Man
Looks great . Thanks for all your hard work.
1 member likes this
#746515 Apr 6th a 11:27 PM
by Oldgas
Oldgas
After the recent upgrade, there is now a drop-down menu in the upper right corner of each post.
Click on the little down-arrow icon next to the post number.

[Linked Image]

There you can select to:
Copy a link to the post to your clipboard
Share the post on Facebook
Email the post
Report Post to a moderator
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved