It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on Oldgas but thought I’d share the Flying A A38 I just finished restoring. It’s been in the line to do for several years but I just don’t get much done anymore it seems. This was found with the original glass and mostly complete. The only repro parts I used were the ad glass trim pieces. The door spears are the originals and still have a few dings that I didn’t work out but look pretty good polished up. I bought the pump thinking it was all porcelain since the sight glass panels and access door, as well as the back sides of the panels, showed green porcelain. It had several layers of old brushed on paint that I figured would strip off to porcelain underneath. To my surprise there was no porcelain on the outside of the skins. Since I had the small porcelain pieces to paint match I ended up just painting it to match the original green. Most people that know these pump think it’s porcelain at first glance. I’d like to have an A1 and an A62 to make a set someday. This one fit in line under this globe shelf alongside a couple other favorites.
Attached Images