Another update. All the exterior steel-frame glass has now been replaced. The bathroom glass turned out really nice. Spent part of 2 days up on the ladder cleaning the paint off the "marker" tiles- the north wall ones are in really good shape and they cleaned up nicely. I can't believe they had painted over them. Began the process of cleaning the roof tiles- the process is apply stripper, scrape, more stripper, scrape, wipe off, more scrape, etc..... It's going to take a while but the tiles are cleaning up pretty well.
Today the gutters are going up on the back, tomorrow more demo in the secondary building. I was able to find a local young guy that's a fireman and he's been doing some demo- finished up the ceiling removal in the station and now he's gutting the secondary building.
The bay doors are on order and should be in in a couple of weeks. At that time I'll get the "office" glass installed- the countertops are removed and there is just a small amount of water-damaged wood to replace so that should go pretty easy.
I started cleaning the ridged transom glass- what a job! The previous owners painted inside and out. The outside is smooth so that's basically brush on acetone, wait, then scrape with a razor blade. The inside is ridged so it's acetone, rub, acetone, rub, acetone, wire brush, etc... But they are so pretty when cleaned may end up keeping them....
Attached Images