I'm sitting around at night with this virus stuff going on, so I am adding another story. Kim started a good thread.

I was in New England in 2012 junking. I stopped at a closed down Chrysler dealership in a little town. The 75 year old owner happened to be there cleaning some stuff up. I asked if he had any old signs and he said yes, how old. The ones I have a plastic but were never uncrated or hung. I asked to take a look. So he shows me the crated wrapped in cardboard signs in his back storage building. There was a partial dropped ceiling that looked as old as 50's or 60's to me. I asked what was up there and he said nothing because they added that ceiling to the building later on. I asked if he had a ladder and he said "NOTHING is up there". I asked a few more questions and asked again if I could look. He said almost angrily, ok, but don't fall through and you are wasting your time. I get up there and it was a drop down ceiling with not a lot of solid stucture. I look over and see what appears to be a counter top some 10 ft long leaning against something (kinda on it's side). You could tell it was just thrown up there as to get it out of the way. I make may way over, carefully. I rub the 3" of dust off and see orange and STOP. The wood frame gave it away, metal, orange??? The length puzzled me and it was heavy. I slide it over to the edge of the drop down and hand the long thing down without it seesawing up and hitting the top of the building while trying not to fall through and kill myself (standing on the flemsy wood runners every 2 feet). I get it down and without cleaning anything, ask him if he would sell all of them. His young helper kept asking " what are they". I was getting nervous. I made a deal and loaded everything in my trailer. Paid him and left..... It turned out to be 2 signs never hung that were nailed together with a wood slat backing. Here they are cleaned up that night.

[Linked Image from i836.photobucket.com]