Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but I acquired my 866 clockface over 10 years ago. It was already partially disassembled by the guy that gave it to me, so I was already somewhat behind the 8 ball on where some of the pieces went. At any rate, I had it sand blasted in 2009 and it's sat in my Dad's shop since. Due to finally retiring from farming and the Covid shutdown he had time this year to work on the restoration and it's nearing the end. I now have all the pieces but the hip panels at my place. I've been going over it all the last couple days to see if I could remember how it went back together. Due to space constraints I am not a "pump guy" with the knowledge and inventory of pumps past or present to help me with reassembly.

At any rate, my question. I had put a couple items in an envelope that I've identified as a pair of shoulder shims. Here is my question....how in the heck would I know where they were originally placed? I have no recollection of myself finding them when the shoulders were removed, but I'm sure they were in their original location when I got the pump. Do you just pick a side to shim, is it only one bolt down area that gets they pair, or one per shoulder corner to raise both and subsequently raise the one side? I'm not certain how to figure this out a decade later, but I'm sure if they were on it originally then it must need one area or side raised by using them.

Any help is appreciated. I've already come to the conclusion putting the top back on it is not going to be the easiest task, and possibly the shims are part of the puzzle.
Thank you,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!