Great comments from Les, Peter, and KIm. The hunt is so much fun. I have made friends through hunting and junking that have remained friends my entire life. And I have learned invaluable American history from old timers! Some of the good ones have passed away, but it is a lot of fun even if you don't find anything or get "skunked" which has happened. LOL

Here is another spin to talk about that is kinda funny. 25 years ago I stopped at the Texaco Bulk plant in Taos NM. I walk in the office, introduced myself and ask if he had any old signs. He said yeah, there is a pile of old pole signs out here. He shows me, he says they are $100 each. He said great, take as many as you want. There was probably 5 or 6 piled on each other where he had mowed around them for years. I was able to get to about 3 and unbolt them from the "useless" sign pole (LOL) because they were too heavy to move. I leave the rest. I go back about 10 years later for the poles/signs and walk in to the same small little office. I asked if he remembered me and he says, "Yes, I do. You are the guy who screwed me out of the old pole signs. I was in Pheonix last year and I saw one of these signs for sale for $700 or something." I said " Sir, I bought your signs over 10-12 years ago and I am sorry you feel that way. They have gone up in value since then but I paid you what you wanted and those big signs weren't that valuable back then". Needless to say, the party was over. Unfortunately, this did happen a few times over the years, but all in all I have had tons of fun and could write a book on all the different personalities I met and became friends with. I look at some of my junk and think of the old man, who I was with, or family from who I bought the item. Have fun at it and enjoy the friends, people, history, and stories!! It's a great hobby!!!