Originally Posted by gasgeezer
Well said guys! Its always taken a lot of effort to get the scores. Everytime we go out now and spend a grand on a week long pickin trip we are lucky to break even so to speak as things do get gobbled up with all the people who have discovered that its worth x amount or want something to go in the garage with the hot rod etc. Also as Kim mentioned the kids see it on the wall and instantly look it up on their phone for value and want it to sell after gramps passes!. I took a trip 2 winters ago to Phoenix to pick up a truck and picked my way home to Montana. Took me through 7 states and 2800 miles, & 2 weeks, countless leads and classifieds and intuitive stops but yes, i did get a whole truckload of "stuff" 2 visibles and 20 or so signs. After expenses did i make any money? probably, but the point is ive also had the same amount of effort expended and came home with nothing to show and that balances it all out. (last year same darn trip) If your looking for a grand slam every time out wether its today or 20 years ago your dreaming. It DOES take work to make your own luck and the harder you work the luckier you get! and the fun is in the hunt! Go out and enjoy the hunt even if you dont fill your tag so to speak....& yes we are just braggin about all the fun stuff, the bad ones we want to forget! Lol....... Les
Ha Ha Les so true . Its no fun to Brag about our failures .